Questions.

creeper

I have a couple questions for the factory.

1. We've had our Bighorn a couple of months. Recently the toilet got stuck and was slowly filling. This of course caused a overflow while we were out to dinner, which dripped on top of the charge controller and toasted it. What is the model and brand of the controller so I can replace it.

2. The coating on the bottom of the living slides is chipping off and exposing bare wood. This is all causing the carpet to get worn. Is this normal?

3. Our Living room Jensen TV turns on all by itself. Is there a setting for this. Every morning on your recent one month trip we found the tv on.

Chuck Richard

Hi Creeper,

Can't help with the first two but the Jenson TV is an old problem now. Many post on the subject in the forum. You can contact Heartlands or your dealer or ASA electronics. I was in on the early fix and Jenson sent a replacement TV to my dealer. The dealer now has a fix that downloads the correct software to the TV and corrects the problem. I also read in a post that ASA will send the unit to you if you are far from a dealer and you can do the fix and send the fixture back to them.

Good luck on the other items, I'm sure Heartland will make it right.

jbeletti

Creeper,

Sorry to hear about these recent troubles with your unit.

You've been given some good advice already. I can only reiterate most of it.

1. Current BHs user the Progressive Dynamics 9200 Series Converter. 60 amp is likely what you have.

2. Your slide seems to be out of adjustment. Unless you are into it (details on the Lippert website), your dealer can readjust it. The Lamiplast material on the bottom of the slide can be repaired.

3. The firmware on your Jensen TV needs to be flashed with an update. Get the S/N and FW revision and contact ASA (link to more info here). They will send you the right black-box to do the reflash. then you send them back the box. Or make an appt. with your dealer for them to take care of.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Question for JIm B RE: coating on bottom of slide. We have had the same issues with the slide bottom coating. Slides have been adjusted now, but I'd really like to seal up the bottoms. Seems to be mostly where there is a seam. Is the Lamiplast something we can repair ourselves or does it have to be done at the dealer? Our dealer is almost 3 hours away, so we've been doing some of the small stuff ourselves.

jbeletti

Deb,

You guys build street rods and have a hot rod shop so I know you have skills and can probably do it but that is not my call. You'll need to make the call to customer service (877-2626-8032) to have that discussion.

I think the service centers carefully cut the damaged section out, apply adhesive and carefully apply a replacement piece. the repair jobs I have seen and even had done on a previous coach were excellent.

Jim

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Heck, and here I was thinkin' I'd just use some ultra-slick duct tape.... LOL The stuff coming off on the bottom of the slide is just chipping where it looks like there was a seam in the wood. I've chipped the loose stuff off and its only about 1/2" wide in a few spots.
Thanks, I'll check with the factory about adding it to my final repair list. Warranty is up the first of October, so will make one more trip south. All minor repairs, biggest one is replacing a tweaked cargo door that was there when we picked it up. Obviously hasn't been affecting our use.