Furniture

CoveredWagon

Theater seating, or rocker recliners, that is the question. Unfortunately I've read a couple of bad comments about the rocker recliners. We were planning on ordering them. 😕

DWChris

If we had it to do over - we would have gotten the theater seating. We have the rocker recliners and while they sit very nice you have to move them out and back in before travel. Kind of a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

If we had it to do over - we would have gotten the theater seating. We have the rocker recliners and while they sit very nice you have to move them out and back in before travel. Kind of a pain.

Thanks, that helps a lot

Dave

aRAYwego

We ordered with the recliners. After about a year they were falling apart and frankly we were tired of spinning them and strapping them down before travel. We gave them to the kids and bought a residential power reclining love seat (theater seat minus the cup holders and storage between us). Don't have to strap it down and will last much longer. If possible we will order our next coach without living room furniture. FWIW we also gave the couch in the rear to the kids and bought 2 chairs from IKEA for that area.

NYSUPstater

If I'm not mistaken, are the recliners narrower (seat width) than the theater seats? Felt that way to me, plus the TS feel a whole lot more comfy that the recliners.

sengli

We had the original recliners, and they wouldnt stay reclined ever. Plus we never planned on using the inflatable bed in the couch. So we replaced them both with home type furniture. Got theater seating instead of recliners, and a couch with recliners on each end...no bed! They fit in the original space.

Attachments

• IMAG0344.jpg
    IMAG0344.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMAG0345.jpg
    IMAG0345.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 100

shelsay

Sengli--

We are interested in replacing our sofa with theater seating. Like the look of yours and wondering where you got them.

Pat

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
In the other 4 campers over the years, we have never had good luck with the recliners so we went and bought Euro chairs on our 3rd camper. Love them. The stools traveled within the seat of the chairs and also gave us extra seating for company. We took the factory recliners to the house until time to trade. On our current coach, we went ahead and ordered the theater seating which has lasted longer than we ever expected over the last 2 1/2 years. When it wears out, we will put the Euro chairs back in.
IMG_0471.jpg

mlpeloquin

Recliners are a pain to move forward to use and back into place. I found out that you do not have to strap them down. We were at Rancho Oso above Santa Barbra, CA this past summer, after the rally at Temecula, CA this year. We were ordered out ASAP do to the fire! Take you cars and leave everything. The sheriff was informed that most did not have cars and only their RV's. That gave me 20 minuets to pack and hitch. The sheriff had to have over 20 fire trucks move farther off the road to let the rigs out. I followed a Prevost out and figured if he could navigate the narrow, several hair pins, and bumpy road out at a good clip, so could I. When we got into Buellton, CA for the night, I found that I did not strap the chairs down and they did not move at all. So I have not strapped then down since and the do not budge at all. They are too heavy. If they do move, your really bouncing! Oh, it took me a couple of days to find out where I threw things. You put things anywhere when your in a hurry!

Oregon_Camper

We have Theater seating and are very pleased with them. Had to flip the chair over 2x to plug power cord back in, but I have that fixed now.

Heat....massage...power foot rest....Ahhhhh
;)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have Theater seating and are very pleased with them. Had to flip the chair over 2x to plug power cord back in, but I have that fixed now.

Heat....massage...power foot rest....Ahhhhh
;)

Do you know what brand that they are? Or who is making them?

Oregon_Camper

No, sorry I don't know. They are the ones that came with the Bighorn. We have a trip planned in 2 weeks and I can check then. Trailer is in storage now...not lucky enough to have space at my house to store it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

The power reclining love seat with massage and heat that is currently being put in BigHorn (and possibly BC, now) is by Lippert. We were able to upgrade to this due to an error in paperwork at the dealer. We've used them since March and are fairly pleased with their function so far.

Not ours but here's a pic
c882991dbc79a72f4f56c64956efa467.jpg

2psnapod2

The power reclining love seat with massage and heat that is currently being put in BigHorn (and possibly BC, now) is by Lippert. We were able to upgrade to this due to an error in paperwork at the dealer. We've used them since March and are fairly pleased with their function so far.

Thanks Erika, I just did not see the one that I see in most pics on their website.

Oregon_Camper

Not ours but here's a pic

Ours has a center console...handy for remote controls and stuff. Here is a picture from internet of what it looks like (we have the darker color)

Capture.JPG

2psnapod2

Ours has a center console...handy for remote controls and stuff. Here is a picture from internet of what it looks like (we have the darker color)

Did it come in your RV or did you buy it and replace what was there? If you bought it, where did you get it?

Oregon_Camper

Did it come in your RV or did you buy it and replace what was there? If you bought it, where did you get it?

It was one of the options we picked when we ordered the RV (not off dealer lot).

My invoice has it listed as "Option - Power Theater Seat w/Massage and Heated Seats"

Hope that helps.

2psnapod2

It was one of the options we picked when we ordered the RV (not off dealer lot).

My invoice has it listed as "Option - Power Theater Seat w/Massage and Heated Seats"

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info.
We will be needing something soon.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Michael, we looked at LazyBoy powered reclining loveseats when we had our ElkRidge. For the money, I bet Lazyboy will hold up better. Go to a store if you can, their salespeople are good at fitting you to the right style. It helps to sit in a bunch as well, as they "fit" differently. We liked the "James".