Cyclone 3950 - Would you do it again?

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
We currently have a 2006 Sunnybrook 391K SURV and overall love the unit. Problems are minimal and the space is abundant. We have an issue with the layout and have a 2004 30FKS Sunnybrook travel trailer that has to be traded as well. We are interested in the Cyclone 3950 and have an offer from a dealer to take our two as trades and then charge us MSRP for the Cyclone.

Is the Cyclone worth the jump to Heartland? Would you guys do it again or go with SOB? Any and all input is welcome...

Thanks,

FJ

(New to the forum)

fmurray3

I have owned tents, Pop-ups, TT and now a Cyclone 3210. My wife and I love it. We like taking our Harley's with us and just returned from a two week stay in Fancy Gap, Va KOA where we rode the Blue Ridge Parkway. We bought the Cyclone a year ago and have put approx 5000 miles on it. YES we would do it again.

blackfin

I have owned several SOB and I am not 100% satified with my 3950. Layout is wonderful, with the exception of the bedroom, I wished the garage was 2' shorter and then I could have gained the room in the master bedroom. Also, A/C airflow seems to be an issue with just about everyone. I sure once I have the bugs worked out of my unit I will be quite happy with the purchase.

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
OK, so during my research and calling around I have come up with radically different MSRPs for the Heartland Cyclone. One dealer has a loaded unit (washer/dryer, beverage cooler, 32" TV, etc) and is willing to install the 2nd electric awning, 2nd A/C unit and 2nd Battery for the MSRP of $******* and then I have the same unit with the three options already installed for $******. What gives here? With all else the same, why such a massive MSRP difference? Should I be ordering a unit directly? Is there any honor amoung thieves? Where do I find the TRUE MSRP for these units? Where can I cut threw the BS and get to the facts. We already know I am going to take a beating on my trade ins, but why the BIG difference in MSRP? Region? BS. Price inflation during an economic downturn and slowing in the industry? I sure hope not.

Guidance would be great here. This is going to be cross posted Jim B., so don't be too upset with me. I need information before making a major purchase.

Thanks - FJ

Last edited by a moderator:

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
If you want true FACTORY MSRP you call the factory and talk to the product manager or have a dealer send you the actual factory MSRP sheet.

A dealer / salesman will tell you anything that suits them and their pocketbook$$$.

jbeletti

fjspinelli,

Please check this link for the most recent Cyclone MSRP (8/5/2008).

As for dealers giving you different MSRPs - I am sorry but I have no answers there.

Jim