shower stall leaking

pitch black

today when taking shower, got out, water was everywhere, coming from under the bottom of shower stall, anyone every have this happen? its our 6th trip and never happened before. any suggestions?

Check to see if it's coming from between the shower glass and the basin. Also the door sweep is too small and water will come out there.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There are a couple of possibilities. First thing to check is the connections on the shower fixture. Remove (unscrew) the white plastic access cover below the fixture and reach up and make sure the connections are tight. Handtight. Next is like ncfishermann said, you may be getting leakage through the stall and showerbase. You can try removing all the existing silicone and re-caulking the shower base. I tried this a couple times before I finally removed the enclosure completely and refitted it and recaulked it. I STILL have a couple drops coming thru and I believe it's coming around the rubber seal that holds the glass in the frame. It's not enough to even worry about. Good Luck.

5erWonk

Agree with all that Ray says but I finnally found a gap between the ends of the rubber seal about half way up the glass. Pumped in some silicone calk and all my leak problems disappeared.

BTW my leaks came out into the basement on the off door side.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Agree with all that Ray says but I finnally found a gap between the ends of the rubber seal about half way up the glass. Pumped in some silicone calk and all my leak problems disappeared.

BTW my leaks came out into the basement on the off door side.
I didn't check that gap but I brought my air hose into the shower and blew around the lower corners and when I put the hose (low pressure) into the corner I had bubbles coming out on the outer edge of the lower rails around the base. I need to get in there and clean with some solvent and silicone those corners and the gap. Maybe that'll git er dun.

flyfishing48

pitch black
Did you get your leak fixed yet?
We are on an extended trip and ourS started to leak. It looks like we have 2 leaks. One is under the frame for the glass enclosure, the second seems to be coming out under the pan.
I have tried re-caulking, but then every time I caulk, I have to use the campground showers and we are traveling in Nova Scotia and most campgrounds here are pay showers.

Last edited:

Bobbert

Checking out my new '09 21fbs in June, I ran water in the showere. Later I noticed water on the floor running from the shower where the glass enclosure meets the walls(both of them). Upon close inspection I discovered 1/2 inch gaps between the bottom of the glass and the wall of the shower!! zero silicone in both corners!! I have to believe the entire door assembly was installed without sealant. ...Bob

pitch black

pitch black
Did you get your leak fixed yet?
We are on an extended trip and ourS started to leak. It looks like we have 2 leaks. One is under the frame for the glass enclosure, the second seems to be coming out under the pan.
I have tried re-caulking, but then every time I caulk, I have to use the campground showers and we are traveling in Nova Scotia and most campgrounds here are pay showers.
I hope so, went this past weekend, boon docked for couple of days, took 2 showers no leaks, what I did is unscrew the big white cap under the water controls, tight fit, but , put hand in there and tighten hot and cold water fittings, mine leaked between the floor and shower stall, not from the glass around the shower stall. hope you get it fixed, good luck