Coleman/Mach III AC Catastrophic Failure

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Had the most miserable trip of my adult life June 30- July 4...(my trips to the Middle East were more accommodating!) The AC unit slowly failed, leaving the temps inside the unit above 90 deg at night (worse during the day). On Sat, 1 July, the AC died. I found out from the Mobile Tech that the AC units are throw away and that they are not able to be serviced (coolant, that is). It was 110 outside and over 120 on the inside while we replaced the AC. Also learned how to replace a unit, hardest part would be getting the new unit up on the roof. The things are held on with 4 bolts and have a seal that is about 1" square that goes around the perimeter of the opening of the roof opening. This is where leaks will occur if the bolts are loose. All in all, had to cut my vacation short because of this and only got to hold my Grand-babies for about 3 hours, suffered from heat stress and we are just now recovering from the ordeal.
Lesson Learned: Stay away from AZ/NV in the summer!

WillyBill

@Apropdoc,

Sorry to hear yo had such a fun time(not) with Murphy and your A/C. Hopefully your next outing goes smoothly.

WBV

sdwelling

Just went an entire week w/o ac at Lake George, NY due to electrical issues. Thankful that it was ~60 overnight! Good luck to you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk