Montgomery AL to Interstate 10 FL Panhandle......

CPDDet

Will be headed down to Florida in January 2018. Looks like I can take either 231 or 331 from Montgomery AL to Interstate 10 in the FL panhandle. Would like to hear from others who have traveled either of these and what their experience was like.

Dave & Ronna

MCTalley

I can't remember that we've ever taken 331, but we've worn a pretty good path down 231 since we have a son in the Air Force at Panama City. Most of 231 is 65 mph divided four-lane and very few stoplights. Major towns along the route (traffic, lights, slower speeds) are Troy and Dothan. I would recommend using the bypass around Dothan - we typically use the western half. There is a Camping World in Dothan on that half of the bypass in case you need a few items from there.

Florida has a nice welcome center at the Florida line if you need a break before I-10. There is a Love's truck stop at 231 and I-10.

Smitty325

Drink plenty coffee before you get on I-10 in Florida. The most boring road in the country

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kf5qby

I don't know about that Smitty, the drive from Odessa to El Paso isn't do darn exciting either!

-Mark

I personally think the part between Las Cruces and the Arizona border is the worst. It's like driving on a treadmill and you swear you pass the same cactus repeatedly.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I personally think the part between Las Cruces and the Arizona border is the worst. It's like driving on a treadmill and you swear you pass the same cactus repeatedly.

Do they still have the "BEWARE OF RATTLE SNAKES" signs at the Arizona freeway rest areas?

Smitty325

I encountered trantulas crossing the road out there once...terrible crunching sound

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Dave & Ronna[/QUOTE]

I'm with Dave and Malcolm. US 231 is the better route. I have friends who always take the other route but it's longer and more stops.