North Trail TT

Hart

We are prospective owners......have discovered that bed platform is made of particle board (vs. plywood). What other parts are made of particle board?

Also, does anyone have an 09 model with tires other than Mission??

Thanks for your comments.

We are prospective owners......have discovered that bed platform is made of particle board (vs. plywood). What other parts are made of particle board?

Thanks for your comments.

Please don't confuse "OSB Orientated" Strand Board with particle board.
Then look up strength characteristics of OSB vs Plywood.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
My bed platform is made of OSB. I consider myself to be a pretty big guy. It hasn't caused us any probles. This also includes every RV I've owned since the mid 80's. The exception being pop-up campers. I think they are marine plywood because of potential exposure to the elements. The roofs on my houses have been OSB and have held me, snow and me with the snowblower. I wouldn't be concerned about the bed platform. As for tires, majority of the issues I have heard regarding tires have been on the heavier trailers. I can still understand some concern with these tires though but I think we are going to have to accept what any factory puts on the trailer unless your dealer can make other arrangements prior to ordering a trailer or you can negotiate different tires with the dealer.

Hart

Thanks for the clarification on the OSB vs. particle board. I hope this will make my husband feel better. It is only on the bottom section of the bed platform. The rest is not OSB, the built in section of bed support which extends to nightstands.

THANKS a bunch!

As per the tires......we just hate to think about another set of replacement tires as we just got "good ones" on the unit we hope to trade for NT. Oh well....safety is big time important anyway!

truknutt

Committed Member
As per the tires......we just hate to think about another set of replacement tires as we just got "good ones" on the unit we hope to trade for NT. Oh well....safety is big time important anyway!

If they're the same size and that new...consider having the dealer swap them. It could be a bargaining chip for you.

Hart

Truknutt: Good idea, but no, the tires are not the same size. We have to take whatever the unit comes with. Probably will be Mission or Duro.