Colorado license fees

Jim_G

Just picked up the plates for the new bighorn today, only $1700.00 I wouldn't mind it much if this state would keep the roads in good shape. The price a guy will pay to have fun...

970native

Just picked up the plates for the new bighorn today, only $1700.00 I wouldn't mind it much if this state would keep the roads in good shape. The price a guy will pay to have fun...

And the government is tacking on the road and bridge extra fee. The roads here in Colorado continue to get worse and worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

License fees in Colorado are high. And there's State Income Tax. But property tax is so low that it completely offsets the higher fees and taxes; at least compared to Texas.

There's no free lunch. Just different ways of paying the bill.

crazybanshee

Colorado has a luxury tax system on items like boats and RV's that are over a certain length. Our new RV plates were $2300 a year.

avvidclif

License fees in Colorado are high. And there's State Income Tax. But property tax is so low that it completely offsets the higher fees and taxes; at least compared to Texas.

There's no free lunch. Just different ways of paying the bill.

Maybe. Be interesting to compare. The $1700 would more than pay my property tax and license fees for all of my vehicles (2 PU, Car, & RV) My RV plates are $115/yr.

danemayer

Maybe. Be interesting to compare. The $1700 would more than pay my property tax and license fees for all of my vehicles (2 PU, Car, & RV) My RV plates are $115/yr.

The house we sold in Austin in 2014 has 2017 estimated property tax of $9421.80 according to county tax records. That's for a 2400 square foot brick home on a small lot.

Our CO property tax + income tax + license fees on car, truck, RV all adds up to just over 1/2 of the Austin property tax.

If you're only paying $1700 of property tax in Texas, I'm guessing you have an AG or other significant exemption.

Lynn1130

Man do I feel good. The Tennessee fee on my new Bighorn Traveler was $43

But what was your personal property tax? Again, there is no free lunch. They get you one way or another.

We do not have personal property taxes in Arizona but our license fees are high.

avvidclif

The house we sold in Austin in 2014 has 2017 estimated property tax of $9421.80 according to county tax records. That's for a 2400 square foot brick home on a small lot.

Our CO property tax + income tax + license fees on car, truck, RV all adds up to just over 1/2 of the Austin property tax.

If you're only paying $1700 of property tax in Texas, I'm guessing you have an AG or other significant exemption.

No exemption. Just don't live in the city. 3 ac in the county.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The first year the Prowler's plates were $800 . . .

Last year they were $600 . . .

And this year was $500 . . .

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our rig's registration was a one time charge when we bought it. Same for our pontoon trailer. Our vehicle registration fees, however, are an annual thing. Property taxes on our 2400 sq. ft. home are a little under $4K. At one time, they were almost $6K before the crash.

Stenz

Mine were $440 for first year plates on the TrailRunner here in Colorado.

Hate paying these dues.