2019 Oshkosh

genep777

It is my understanding that any new units ordered now will be 2019 models? Have there been any changes from the 2018 models? Looking at best buy website, the 22 ft insignia frig is dealer stock only. Is this frig being discontinued?

RickL

It is my understanding that any new units ordered now will be 2019 models? Have there been any changes from the 2018 models? Looking at best buy website, the 22 ft insignia frig is dealer stock only. Is this frig being discontinued?

In doing some research on my Insignia refrigerator I found that the model in our 2018 has indeed been discontinued. Doesn’t give me that warm and fuzzy feeling, but things get discontinued all the time. My hope is that we don’t need anything major done so it becomes an issue. That being said, we did have one of the plastic door “buckets” have a crack in the mount that locks it to the door. We still haven’t seen a replacement and it was “supposedly” ordered over a month ago.

genep777

In doing some research on my Insignia refrigerator I found that the model in our 2018 has indeed been discontinued. Doesn’t give me that warm and fuzzy feeling, but things get discontinued all the time. My hope is that we don’t need anything major done so it becomes an issue. That being said, we did have one of the plastic door “buckets” have a crack in the mount that locks it to the door. We still haven’t seen a replacement and it was “supposedly” ordered over a month ago.

Thanks Rick,hope you get your problem resolved.

pegmikef

FWIW, when I had to replace my LR Insignia TV because of an incorrectly installed clasp (that I repaired myself) Heartland service just authorized me toget another one from Best Buy and send them a copy of the receipt. I received the reimbursement check within a week or two I am thinking maybe you can do the same thing (order part from Best Buy since it is warranted with them) and have Heartland reimburse you

RickL

FWIW, when I had to replace my LR Insignia TV because of an incorrectly installed clasp (that I repaired myself) Heartland service just authorized me toget another one from Best Buy and send them a copy of the receipt. I received the reimbursement check within a week or two I am thinking maybe you can do the same thing (order part from Best Buy since it is warranted with them) and have Heartland reimburse you

Thank you. It’s definitely something to consider. I reached out to my dealer yesterday to find out if they have re ieved the part yet. If not, I’ll replicate what you did. Appreciate the heads up!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had our Insignia TV go out under warranty and I contacted Heartland directly. They shipped the new tv direct to me, (55") but it did have to come via freight delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

We had our Insignia TV go out under warranty and I contacted Heartland directly. They shipped the new tv direct to me, (55") but it did have to come via freight delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually filed my claim and purchased the TV before everything was resolved (gotta have that TV and I found two in the Mission area). Did the whole thing via email, sent them pictures of damaged TV and faulty clasp and the area where it was installed). They asked for a copy of the receipt and that was it. I had heard somewhere that one of the reasons Heartland went with Insignia was the ease of replacement if the customer is willing. Everybody wins, no dealer expense, no shipping costs, you get your item quickly, and a lot of Best Buys recycle electronics. As I said, this is what I heard, but I am not sure of the validity. It worked for me.

genep777

Just ordered new 2019 Landmark Oshkosh, fully loaded, from TSRVS in Navasota Texas . This dealer has been wonderful and price was amazing. Thanks Tim Meadows.

Donald Peters

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Donald, you need to bring your new Oshkosh to one of our South Central rallies so that we can compare yours to several of us that also bought from Tim. I think it would be fun to have four or five identical trailers side by side. Of course, it might be embarrassing to walk into what was thought to be "home" and find out it belongs to someone else. Well, it would be funny to tell about at another rally.

genep777

Donald, you need to bring your new Oshkosh to one of our South Central rallies so that we can compare yours to several of us that also bought from Tim. I think it would be fun to have four or five identical trailers side by side. Of course, it might be embarrassing to walk into what was thought to be "home" and find out it belongs to someone else. Well, it would be funny to tell about at another rally.

Hi Jay,

I reviewed your blog and found you were quite happy with Tim. He and Tex have been amazing. Any other problems other than closet rod and leaking hydraulics? Did you use the Oregon Camper PDI check list?
We live 6 months in Western Australia and six months in USA in RV (stored in shed in Salado Tx at wife's sister). We will be picking up new rig around August 20 and will be spending a month at Advanced RV on Highway South in Houston - our daughter is nurse in med center and lives in our prior Bighorn there. We will then spend 2 months at Pioneer Resort in Port Aransas before returning to Houston for Christmas. Hope to see you around Texas one of these days. Are you a full timer now? Donald & Carolyn Peters