low point drains

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdog

gdog
It seems that different years of bighorns have various features and design changes. I am looking for an answer in regards to low point drains. We have an 09 3055 Bighorn. I have been under the trailer a number of times and have only seen a single low point drain which is the drain for the fresh water tank. Were low point drains installed on this model? If so, where are they?
gdog

vangoes

On my 07 they are clearly visible from the door side of the unit; in fact you see them even if you are not looking for them. If you don't have any.....in my opinion that would be a good thing. In my unit they do not drain the the lines completely which is obvious when I pump antifreeze into the lines it pushes a significant amount of water out even after draining the low point drains first. Apparently there are low areas in the line routing that traps water in the lines. If you winterize using antifreeze you do not need the drains as you push all of the water out through the faucets, commode, shower, etc. The low point drains as they have been designed in our units creates a vulnerable area for freezing as they are exposed to the elements without any shutoff valves in the heated area. There have been many post on this forum relative to line freezing from the low point drains.

gdog

gdog
Thanks for the response. I have always used the antifreeze anyhow. It would sure be nice if the factory would include a manual that indicates what your new investment comes with. When you think that with a new vehicle you can order the factory service manual it sure assists in repairs and maintenance.
gdog

Status
Not open for further replies.