EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Deer Park - 5/9/2019 to 5/13/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

travlyn2s

Bob & Michaele, We're happy to have you as new members of the Washington chapter.

We have updated the list on post #1. It shows two on the waiting list, as I haven't heard yet from the Sigmunds (also new members) who have first rights to the one existing opening. That means you're in line for the next available slot.

Thanks. We are looking forward to the rally. Will look forward to hearing on our status when it is updated.
Michaele

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just added new members, Bob & Michaele Shellhorn to the rally. Looking forward to meeting several new folks in May.

RenoJim

We've had an "over-subscription" to this rally. We had arranged for 35 sites, which would have made this our biggest rally to date and would fill the club house at meal time. Working with the awesome people at Spokane RV Resort, we arranged for 5 more sites and will squeeze ten more people into the clubhouse, or overflow into outdoor space. We can't handle more than 40, so we are now starting a waiting list for anyone who would like to attend. We do expect that a few of the people who have signed up will have changes in plans. So, the first few people on the waiting list are very likely to be able to get spaces.

Thank you all for this great response! We are looking forward to a really fun time.

Doug & Doris, you always put on a GREATTTT RALLY, so very sorry we will miss it this year! Thank you for being awesome Chapter Leaders! Jim & Sue

Grampafish

BIG NEWS - RnR RV (https://www.rnrrv.com) has agreed to sponsor our rally. That means we will have an awesome entree for Saturday night and possibly some other goodies through their generosity.

- - - Updated - - -

Doug & Doris, you always put on a GREATTTT RALLY, so very sorry we will miss it this year! Thank you for being awesome Chapter Leaders! Jim & Sue

Thank you Jim & Sue. We will miss you. It was nice to visit with you in AZ last Saturday.

Bogie

Doug and Doris,

We were really looking forward to your rally. But, now that we are going to the National in Goshen, our plans have us going on a southerly route. So, with great regret, we have to cancel. I'm sure we will see you in Goshen.

Best.

Joe & Luise

Grampafish

Doug and Doris,

We were really looking forward to your rally. But, now that we are going to the National in Goshen, our plans have us going on a southerly route. So, with great regret, we have to cancel. I'm sure we will see you in Goshen.

Best.

Joe & Luise

We're sorry to hear that! See you in Goshen.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
BIG NEWS - RnR RV (https://www.rnrrv.com) has agreed to sponsor our rally. That means we will have an awesome entree for Saturday night and possibly some other goodies through their generosity.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Jim & Sue. We will miss you. It was nice to visit with you in AZ last Saturday.

GREAT News! RnR is a GREAT Dealership and has been a big supporter of Heartland Rallies in the past! Thanks for getting their support Doug & Doris!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grampafish

We have contacted the park and given back the blocked sites that have not been reserved. Since recent cancellations have created holes in the site layout, we’ve had to move Bruce Mclaughlin and Kurt & Gail Latipow to 45 and 48, respectively. Thank you for your understanding! That returns the first two sites to the resort to be rented and gives the rally a continuous block.

We will update the activities list/agenda after we return home from our short snowbird trip – around the first week of April.

Grampafish

Sadly, we have had additional cancellations in the past couple of days. We're sorry that the Ridenours, DeGrendeles and Pfingstens will not be able to join us.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
That IS a bummer, sorry all the ‘cancellee’s’ will miss out on the fun. Hopefully all is well with them. Kelly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grampafish

Hi all. We have posted updated information about the rally, including an updated attendee list and the tentative schedule of events. Please be sure to check post #1 for all the new information.

Just 5 weeks until this party gets started!

Grampafish

Just heard from Pat Hole. She and Dave have to cancel. We are sad to hear that. We'll miss both them and their wonderful dogs!

Last edited:

Grampafish

They're dropping like flies!

This one is good news, though. Ken and Diedra Bausano have had to cancel because they've sold their house and closing will be around the end of May. They also have a really nice Bighorn for sale if you know anyone who is interested in a great deal. We do expect to see them in Goshen in their new Landmark (formerly our club executive's rig).

Mrsfish

They're dropping like flies!

This one is good news, though. Ken and Diedra Bausano have had to cancel because they've sold their house and closing will be around the end of May. They also have a really nice Bighorn for sale if you know anyone who is interested in a great deal. We do expect to see them in Goshen in their new Landmark (formerly our club executive's rig).

NOOOO- now i’m ******. Okay - we’re going to have the rally of all rallies and show those Bausano’s that they shouldn’t miss these!

Grampafish

After a question from Jim Minor, I was reminded that there is one route to Deer Park that could result in serious problems for our full profile fifth wheels. AVOID taking Division St north off of I-90! Avoid exit 281. There is an underpass that has only 13' 2" clearance. The best route coming from the west on 90 is exit 280 N onto N Maple which has a clearance of 13' 10". If you aren't comfortable with that, use the same exit the people coming from the east on 90 will use. That's exit 287 onto N Argonne Rd. My google maps app (and the one on the map on post #1) directs you to I-90 exit 280 coming from the west and exit 287 coming from the east. Thank you to Rod Ditrich for his sage advice.

Grampafish

on a lighter note, for those of you who plan to participate in the WINE & WHISKEY TASTING WITH SWEET TREATS on Friday evening, please bring along a bottle of your favorite wine or whiskey to share. We will provide shot glasses for tasting as well as a couple of Portland bourbons and sweets. If anyone has a favorite treat they would like to share, you are more than welcome to bring that, as well. See you all in a week or so.

travlyn2s

After a question from Jim Minor, I was reminded that there is one route to Deer Park that could result in serious problems for our full profile fifth wheels. AVOID taking Division St north off of I-90! Avoid exit 281. There is an underpass that has only 13' 2" clearance. The best route coming from the west on 90 is exit 280 N onto N Maple which has a clearance of 13' 10". If you aren't comfortable with that, use the same exit the people coming from the east on 90 will use. That's exit 287 onto N Argonne Rd. My google maps app (and the one on the map on post #1) directs you to I-90 exit 280 coming from the west and exit 287 coming from the east. Thank you to Rod Ditrich for his sage advice.

Thanks for the update. Bob & I were in Spokane a few weeks ago and checked out Division and decided that route wasn't an option and even Maple is iffy for our peace of mind.... 287 it is!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.