EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Foley - 4/26/2019 to 4/28/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toccoatravelers

Had a little change of plans and site. We are now arriving on Tuesday, April 23 and the park changed our site to I-3. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Good morning!
Sad to say that we have had to cancel for this weekend. Hope y’all have a great time!

Sue and Paul

usnaviator

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Good morning!
Sad to say that we have had to cancel for this weekend. Hope y’all have a great time!

Sue and Paul

Paul and Sue, We will miss you at the rally, sorry you couldn’t make it. See you soon.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Sheila and Paul, we are so sorry to have to cancel attending your rally. Unexpected family matters (all good!) required us to return to our home in Virginia a full week earlier than planned. We will miss our Heartland friends, but know that all will have a great time. We look forward to seeing many of you in Goshen. See you then.
PS And thanks for all your planning and coordination as Alabama Chapter Leaders, you have done a marvelous job!

usnaviator

Hey there Alabama Rally attendees, welcome to Foley. It looks like the RV park is filling up with Heartland RVs so we should end up with a pretty good turnout for the Rally.

Our original thought was to have a pre-rally get together for dinner tomorrow, Thursday, 4/25/2019, at Doc’s Seafood like we did for the rally in 2017. Unfortunately, that doesn’t look like it is going to work out. I spoke with the Doc’s manager today and they are just not able to accommodate a group of diners. They stay to busy and can only accommodate patrons on a “first come, first serve” basis.” For those of you unfamiliar with Docs it is a great restaurant, with excellent food, located in Orange Beach, AL, (about 35 minutes from the RV park). My suggestion would be that if you want to go to Doc’s you arrive as early as possible (5:30 p.m. or before). Groups of four are usually seated without too long of a wait.

Alternatively, there is a seafood restaurant located in Foley that is about ten minutes from the RV park called Fish River Grill, http://fishrivergrill.com/Index, it has been recommended by local people we have talked to and has excellent reviews. I have spoken with their manager and it sounds like they can accommodate a large group much easier than Docs.

Bottom line – Sheila & I are going to Fish River Grill at 5:30 p.m., if you would like to join us please let me know via PM, email, or stop by Site C1, and I’ll make reservations for the group. Whichever place you decide to go to just don’t order a hot dog, we’re having those Friday night!:cool:

usnaviator

Rally activities will take place in the "Opry House" adjacent to the pool. Please wear your name tags.

Thanks,

porthole

Retired
GT’s on The Bay in Orange Beach, ate there twice, good food and on site brewery.
Pirates Cove for burgers, hot dogs, chicken and the best onion rings. Neat little hole in wall - bring your dogs.

And if it wasn’t listed, an excellent car show at the Wharf in Orange Beach today. Right at the end of the Beach Expressway. Was there yesterday lots of neat cars.

Wolf Bay Lodge on county road 20 bout 1 mile East of Lambert’s is also a great place.
They can handle large groups.
One of my favorite places.

Hockster

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Paul and Sheila - what a fantastic job you and your rally team did for a wonderful rally. Its always fun seeing old friends and making new ones. And the food - everyone outdid themselves. Safe travels everyone.

franks1

Hey Paul and Sheila, Great rally,We had so much fun seeing old friends and meeting new ones .Great location,great food and great time.Thanks to you and your team for all the hard work,safe travels to all.

oldelmer1

Hi Paul and Sheila, thank you very much for a great rally. Great meeting you and all the rest of the Heartland folks.

Safe travel everyone.

Tom & Sharon

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Want to echo other’s sentiments to Paul and Sheila. It had been since 2016 since Connie and I had been to a rally we didn’t host. Forgot how much we enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCG1986

Ohio Chapter Leaders
Great Rally Paul and Sheila! We enjoyed seeing many of our friends and making some new ones. See you in Goshen.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Paul & Sheila, A great Rally in a great location. Thank you and your support team for a great time.
See you in Goshen. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

clayhud

Paul & Sheila, Thanks for a great rally at a nice park. Lots of options for just about anything someone would want to do while visiting the gulf area.

All the best,

Toccoatravelers

Thank you Paul and Sheila for a wonderful weekend, enjoyed visiting with our friends and visiting the Gulf Shores area. See y’all in Goshen!

Fox

I'll be pulling out of Foley in the morning; should I turn out the campground lights or are there still some Heartland members left behind?

Our thanks go to all who made this trip enjoyable.

Sue & Russ.

Status
Not open for further replies.