New Sundance 2900MK in Virginia

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Well, it's done! Picked up our new 2900Mk from Chesapeake RV Solutions 2 days ago, and just returned from first camping experience in Virginia Beach for a shake-down. All went well, including a nerve racking first time ever set-up at sunset, with rain showers to boot. We are really going to love this. My thanks to all for the hundreds of posts I have read on the Owners Forum that have been my foundation of knowledge with a 5ver.

jimtoo

Hi Flying Dutchman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Family. Really happy that everything went well for you. That is what this forum is for, information, making friends, and solving problems.

Jim M

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Congrats Flying Dutchman,

We're in Virginia also (the Northern end). We bought a 2900MK about a month ago. Have been on two trips and we thoroughly enjoy and love the 2900. We were at Beth Page Resort this weekend. You should try it out. Great campground with tons of amenities. Unfortunately the pool is closed now, but it's still a nice spot to spend a weekend.

Gus and Debra

andy

Congrats on your purchase. We bought a 3600 from chesapeake rv last oct . we live in suffolk where did you go . we go to holiday travel park sometimes .love the super sites . as someone said above most of the time we go to bethpage nice park, big sites ,very clean

ptillett

Congrats! We got our 2900 from Chesapeake RV this past spring. Love it! We did have one mechanical malfunction and Chesapeake gave us great service. I think their customer service is great and the buying experience there was great.

Good luck and have fun. :)

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Thanks for the recommendation for Bethpage. I just looked at their website, we will definitely give it a try. We stayed at the Trav-L-Park in Virginia Beach, just a regular full hook-up site. Walked through the super sites there, looked very nice.
We have been very pleased with Tim and Laura at Chesapeake RV Solutions. I am sure that they will continue to provide excellent service should we need it in the future. My only complaint so far with our unit is that the ceiling fan has developed squeaks and groans. Annoying enough to just turn the fan off. We will camp again next week in York, PA. I think we will be exercising the heater instead of the AC.

Edd and Janet

Welcome to the Heartland family. Berry and I have throughly enjoyed our Sundance. No major issues at all. We are very pleased with the quality and the comfort of our 2008 29RK Sundance.

DntDctr

Hey all,
I'm a new member in wait. We ordered a 285BH XLT. Won't have it till November. Make sure you like skunks if you're going to Beth Page. We went there in Aug and counted 13 different skunks in one evening around the fire. Don't get startled or the regulars of the campground will pick on you. Ask me how I know. We too are in Northern Virginia..Stafford to be exact.
Paul

happycampernc

We don't have a big camper like you but we bought our North Trail 28bhs from Chesapeake RV Solutions and we go camping at Holiday-trav-l park a lot.

Jim & Harriet

Virginia Sundance Owner

hi all,
just wanted to say "hello" to other heartland owners. as of last weekend we are owners of a new sundance 3300sk.None
hope to see some of you in our travels.
jim and harriet
roanoke, va

we have the 2900mk also picked it up oct took it out for our thanksgiving weekend for the first trip , then packed away till feb. when we head for the warmth of Florida for 2 months really like the layout and all the extras that we got. solid counter, 16in. wheels, larger air ,euro chairs & footstools, cant wait to head out for the south