EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Camp Verde - 10/3/2019 to 10/6/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rutranger

Lynn & Rose: Please sign us Roy & Debbie Allen up for this rally. I will call and setup our reservations with the RV park later this afternoon for 10/1 and leaving 10/5. We would like to go on the train ride also. Our HOC # is 3463. Thank you Roy Allen

llalsbury

Arizona Chapter Leaders - retired
Lynn & Rose: Please sign us Roy & Debbie Allen up for this rally. I will call and setup our reservations with the RV park later this afternoon for 10/1 and leaving 10/5. We would like to go on the train ride also. Our HOC # is 3463. Thank you Roy Allen

I have added you to the rally and the train. 10/5 Saturday is the last day of the rally (potluck, raffle, steal-a-gift) do you want to stay until 10/6?

rutranger

Lynn & Rose, thanks for the heads up but we will need to be back so my better half can go to work on Monday unfortunately.

llalsbury

Only 11 rally sites and just 8 train seats are still available, so if you are on the fence about coming to the Camp Verde rally 10/3 - 10/5/2019 you better act soon or you could miss out. This rally is going to be a great one so hurry up and let me know to add you to the list.

Last edited:

llalsbury

I added some web links for interesting sites to visit during your stay at Distant Drums. Don't miss out on this rally - it's going to be good one.

Ducky

Lynn;

Another place to visit while at Distant Drums is Out of Africa Wildlife Park, just 6.5 miles from the RV Park. www.outofafricapark.com for more info on ticket options
General Admission Tickets are:
Adults (+13) $38.95 pp
Seniors (+65) $36.95 pp
Military (with valid ID) $31.95 pp
Ticket info /hours General Admission includes the following Tours and Shows:

1. The African Bush Safari Tour ~ All Day: Monday through Sunday (last tour leaves at 4:00 pm)
  2. The Wildlife Preserve Tram Shuttle ~ All Day: Monday through Sunday
  3. Creature Feature ~ Showtime: 11:30 am - Monday through Sunday
  4. The Tiger Splash Show ~ Showtime: 1:15 pm - Monday through Sunday
  5. The Giant Snake Show ~ Showtime: 2:15 pm - Monday through Sunday
  6. The Predator Feed ~ Showtime: 3:00 pm - Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
  7. The Wonders of the Wildlife Show ~ Showtime: 3:00 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Children ages 2 and under are free!Hours

Out of Africa Park Hours - Open Daily | 9:30am - 5:00pm (admissions closes at 4:00 pm)
Closed Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day

Another is Fort Verde State Historic Park, Camp Verde www.azstateparks.com

The former Military Headquarters building is now the main museum with artifacts, photos, videos, and interpretive exhibits and artifacts focused on the Indian Wars history and lives of those who lived and served at Fort Verde, including soldiers, Indian Scouts, settlers, doctors, and Native Americans. Three historic house museums remain on Officer's row: Commanding Officer’s Quarters, Bachelors' Quarters and the Doctor’s & Surgeons Quarters, all furnished in the 1880s period.

Last edited:

llalsbury

Lynn;

Another place to visit while at Distant Drums is Out of Africa Wildlife Park, just 6.5 miles from the RV Park. www.outofafricapark.com for more info on ticket options
General Admission Tickets are:
Adults (+13) $38.95 pp
Seniors (+65) $36.95 pp
Military (with valid ID) $31.95 pp
Ticket info /hours General Admission includes the following Tours and Shows:

1. The African Bush Safari Tour ~ All Day: Monday through Sunday (last tour leaves at 4:00 pm)
  2. The Wildlife Preserve Tram Shuttle ~ All Day: Monday through Sunday
  3. Creature Feature ~ Showtime: 11:30 am - Monday through Sunday
  4. The Tiger Splash Show ~ Showtime: 1:15 pm - Monday through Sunday
  5. The Giant Snake Show ~ Showtime: 2:15 pm - Monday through Sunday
  6. The Predator Feed ~ Showtime: 3:00 pm - Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
  7. The Wonders of the Wildlife Show ~ Showtime: 3:00 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Children ages 2 and under are free!Hours

Out of Africa Park Hours - Open Daily | 9:30am - 5:00pm (admissions closes at 4:00 pm)
Closed Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day

Thanks Ducky, I will add the link to post #1. If you know of other places let me know so I can add them as well.

So I was finally able to book. Rita and I are confirmed for 10/3 - 10/6. Currently assigned site #86. HOC number is 4369. Conf# 387341. We should already be on the train list. Just let us know if we need to prepay for that.

Craig & Rita

llalsbury

So I was finally able to book. Rita and I are confirmed for 10/3 - 10/6. Currently assigned site #86. HOC number is 4369. Conf# 387341. We should already be on the train list. Just let us know if we need to prepay for that.

Craig & Rita

Thanks for the info, is your departure date 10/6 or 10/7?

Prepayment for train tickets is required by 8/1, so you can wait for a few months to write that check if you want.

Looking forward to seeing you in Camp Verde this October.

llalsbury

Just added Gary & Kim Rogers to the rally along with a train ride.

6 seats remain in the 40 seat car, we can get more seats if needed.
21 of the 30 blocked sites at Distant Drums have been reserved with 9 remaining.

Az_Ernie

Can you add Ernie and Marie Perez to the Rally.We have made our reservations with Distant Drums checking in on Oct 1 and checking out Oct 7. Our HOC #3187. And we have Bighorn. Also will you add us both to the train ride. So glad we finally made the commitment to come to this rally. It should be lots of fun.

llalsbury

Can you add Ernie and Marie Perez to the Rally.We have made our reservations with Distant Drums checking in on Oct 1 and checking out Oct 7. Our HOC #3187. And we have Bighorn. Also will you add us both to the train ride. So glad we finally made the commitment to come to this rally. It should be lots of fun.

I will get you guys added. And yes this will be a great rally.

llalsbury

Today we stand at 22 spaces reserved for rigs and only 4 seats remain in the 40 seat rail car. Don't worry about running out of seats in the rail car, we will still be able to have more seats in an a joining car with the same accommodations.

We are working on a few more details for the rally and we hope to have all 30 blocked sites filled for this rally.

llalsbury

Please help me welcome Dave & Sue Clary from The Colorado chapter who are going to join us at The AZ chapter rally in Camp Verde including joining us on the train ride as well.

So now we only have two seats remaining in our 40 seat first class coach, but don't worry additional seats are available at our special discounted rate in an adjoining first class car. Don't forget I will need those ticket payments before Aug. 1.

rutranger

Lynn & Rose: Please remove us Roy & Debbie Allen from this rally. We won't be able to attend. Thank you Roy Allen

llalsbury

Lynn & Rose: Please remove us Roy & Debbie Allen from this rally. We won't be able to attend. Thank you Roy Allen

Sorry to see you go, you will be missed and thanks for letting me know. Maybe we will see at another chapter function, safe travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.