EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Mifflintown - 8/16/2019 to 8/18/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just arrived at Buttonwood and beat the rain! Let’s get this out of the way today!

Resting this evening then starting to get things ready tomorrow. Weather looks good for rally weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrazyKampers

Thank you! Just settling in now but we may take you up on that for moving picnic tables when everyone gets here for Friday night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rdufek

Can't wait to get there!!! See you on Thursday!!! I can help with tables also when we get there.

Bob

KrazyKampers

Can't wait to get there!!! See you on Thursday!!! I can help with tables also when we get there.

Bob

We will need it! It will be good to see you and Val again! It's been awhile.

Karen

KrazyKampers

Rally info...

We have a 10 x20 campground supplied pop up at our main rally site. If we could get two more smaller ones we will be set and will not use the Pavilion.

There is a Weis Markets in Mifflintown about 2 miles away if you need groceries. Rutters has Diesel fuel which is right off 322/22 about 1.5 miles away.

Don't forget the onsite winery! The wine slushies are awesome!

We made reservations at the Clubhouse Grill for Thursday evening at 6 PM for anyone wishing to attend. This is not club sponsored but we hope you will join us.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone and hope you enjoy the 2019 HOC PA rally!

Dale and Karen

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Route recommendation??

Coming from the west on the PA Turnpike. What’s a better route? 522 to Mifflintown or 75 up to Mifflintown?

Thanks. Hopefully see everyone this evening.

KrazyKampers

Route recommendation??

Coming from the west on the PA Turnpike. What’s a better route? 522 to Mifflintown or 75 up to Mifflintown?

Thanks. Hopefully see everyone this evening.

Jamie, there's a section of 75 that is closed right at William Penn Hwy. not sure if that's on your route. They are replacing two bridges. We came off 322 to 75 to William Penn Hwy. We barely traveled on 75 to get to William Penn. looking at the map, 522 connects to 322. That would probably be a safer route to take.

Karen

JWalker

Jamie, there's a section of 75 that is closed right at William Penn Hwy. not sure if that's on your route. They are replacing two bridges. We came off 322 to 75 to William Penn Hwy. We barely traveled on 75 to get to William Penn. looking at the map, 522 connects to 322. That would probably be a safer route to take.

Karen

Thank you. 522 it is.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Why not I99 to US 22?
522 isn’t a bad road just windy twisty coming up through there. Don’t expect to fly

JWalker

Why not I99 to US 22?
522 isn’t a bad road just windy twisty coming up through there. Don’t expect to fly

Thanks Lyle. I thought about that route. It is 37 miles longer, but might be a better route.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks Lyle. I thought about that route. It is 37 miles longer, but might be a better route.

522 is doable but you get behind some country bumpkin...

4 lanes and passing zones on the other route

KrazyKampers

Thank you everyone for a great rally! We really enjoyed hosting and seeing everyone again. Good company, good food and a great campground! Especially the wine slushies!

Dale and Karen

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great rally!!!
Nice campground, friends and food. Good times were had by all. Hope your leg gets better soon, see you guys in Jersey next month

Ira and Dawn

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

KrazyKampers

Great rally!!!
Nice campground, friends and food. Good times were had by all. Hope your leg gets better soon, see you guys in Jersey next month

Ira and Dawn

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Thanks Ira! Glad you had a good time. We will definitely see you in NJ.

Pekay2415

Thank you both for all your hard work to make this a really enjoyable rally. Our pups also had a great time swimming in the beautiful Juanita River.

Status
Not open for further replies.