EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: GA, Dillard - 10/16/2019 to 10/20/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
made reservations today. arrive the 16th leave 20th. didn't get a site number. will call and try to get one.
Glad to hear that! I can get your site number from my contact at the campground too if you don’t.😀

Tsys100718

Since the campground is second amendment friendly, Jeanne, DuMass, Nikki and I have reserved Site 66NR for October 17th through the 20th.
See ya'll there!

ATLJOHN

Sorry Paul and Sue we will not make your Rally
Judys grand daughter is receiving her White coat entering into Medical school in Augusta that weekend
You all have fun

ALF

Since the campground is second amendment friendly, Jeanne, DuMass, Nikki and I have reserved Site 66NR for October 17th through the 20th.
See ya'll there!

Welcome - we have added you to the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Paul and Sue we will not make your Rally
Judys grand daughter is receiving her White coat entering into Medical school in Augusta that weekend
You all have fun

:( Sorry you cannot make it...but congrats...that is much more important! See you soon.

Fox

I do wish we could make it but our plans have us heading out to visit my elderly mother (So. Cal.) on Oct 3 (Heartland left behind).
The round trip is estimated to be 3-4 weeks duration.

Preceding that we will be at some new water park (Margaritaville, Lanier Island?) Sep 6 - will be thinking of our Ga. neighbors.

More info: I'm a two time resident of Ga, 73-75 and 78-80, Ft Gordon/ Augusta. Loved it.

marthamscott

For those who are making the great circle of rallies this month, what route are you planning to take to get between Sevierville and Dillard? I really don't want to go "over the mountain"!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
For those who are making the great circle of rallies this month, what route are you planning to take to get between Sevierville and Dillard? I really don't want to go "over the mountain"!

The safest route is I-40 east from Sevierville to the Waynesville exit 27 which is hwy 74 to exit 81 which is Hwy 23. This is the way we are coming which is pretty much 4 lanes. I would NOT go 441 with a big camper over the mountains which has quite a few switchbacks which I wouldn't attempt with your Cyclone or my Landmark.

marthamscott

The safest route is I-40 east from Sevierville to the Waynesville exit 27 which is hwy 74 to exit 81 which is Hwy 23. This is the way we are coming which is pretty much 4 lanes. I would NOT go 441 with a big camper over the mountains which has quite a few switchbacks which I wouldn't attempt with your Cyclone or my Landmark.

Thanks Nathan, I hadn't looked at that route but 4 lane we can do. Just got home yesterday from Indiana and we did it on interstate most of the way. Easier on the driver! We were looking at going around to Greenville and back in from 85 as an alternative. Your way is much shorter.

ALF

I do wish we could make it but our plans have us heading out to visit my elderly mother (So. Cal.) on Oct 3 (Heartland left behind).
The round trip is estimated to be 3-4 weeks duration.

Preceding that we will be at some new water park (Margaritaville, Lanier Island?) Sep 6 - will be thinking of our Ga. neighbors.

More info: I'm a two time resident of Ga, 73-75 and 78-80, Ft Gordon/ Augusta. Loved it.

That's too bad....hopefully you'll be able to join us next time! Enjoy the time with your mother!

ALF

Hey Y'all - Hope everyone is having a nice HOT summer! Don't wait too long to register for the rally if you are planning on attending and have a longer rig as there are only so many long sites left. October will be here before we know it! Paul and Sue
Z

marthamscott

Hey Y'all - Hope everyone is having a nice HOT summer! Don't wait too long to register for the rally if you are planning on attending and have a longer rig as there are only so many long sites left. October will be here before we know it! Paul and Sue
Z

Registering for the 3 rallies is on my agenda for tomorrow. Trying to work out the schedule so one short day drive between Sevierville and Dillard helps. Probably will split the difference of the week in between.

marthamscott

Reservations made! 10/15-10/21 site# 58 Fleetwood Dr. We will be headed to Asheville to see Biltmore in between the rallies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
OK everyone that plans to go to the Florida rally from GA,
1. how are ya planning to go?
2. are ya planning a layover and where?

Not sure if I will be doing this by myself or not but sure would be great to follow or have some company.

Byrd

thevanhouts

it is with deep sorrow and regret that Denise and I will have to cancel our attendance this year. we have not been in our house since April as we went full time and put it on the market. with the sale, cleaning out, and closing the first part of Sept we will not be able to make it. We had site 100 reserved. does anyone want to grab it from me or should I just throw it back into the pool? asking before I call them and cancel.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
it is with deep sorrow and regret that Denise and I will have to cancel our attendance this year. we have not been in our house since April as we went full time and put it on the market. with the sale, cleaning out, and closing the first part of Sept we will not be able to make it. We had site 100 reserved. does anyone want to grab it from me or should I just throw it back into the pool? asking before I call them and cancel.
Dan Walter and I would like to trade our site 66 for yours what do I need to do.
Linda West

thevanhouts

Dan Walter and I would like to trade our site 66 for yours what do I need to do.
Linda West

I just spoke with the office. she will be canceling our reservation and should be moving you from site 66 to 100. she said she will call me if she has any problems making the switch. you might want to follow up later today or tomorrow.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
I just spoke with the office. she will be canceling our reservation and should be moving you from site 66 to 100. she said she will call me if she has any problems making the switch. you might want to follow up later today or tomorrow.
Thanks Dan we will miss you and Denise but since you are going full time
come to Florida later in October to my rally.
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.