Portable Grill - Barbecue Recommendations Please

cowolter

Blackstone 22 as well. Very portable.
I use mine weekly to cook everything from pancakes burgers, tacos, and sear off steaks. I really like the size, the attached lid and the removable stand planners

Last edited:

Pairadice

I would take a look at the Green Mountain Davy Crockett, I currently have the larger version (Daniel Boon) but for traveling I’m getting the more portable unit. My Brother in-law has one and it’s spot on.
I have had several other previous green mountain units, lost one in a hurricane, one just plain wore out and my current model. I did try the Traeger tailgater and was not happy either with the quality or how compact/portable it was.

Dahillbilly

next one I buy will be the Davy Crockett by Green Mountain. After talking with several different seasoned campers this seems to be the best option out there.

SLO

I have a Davy Crockett I use at home. It’s a nice unit. Heavier than I would like to hoist into the Horn though. Still looking for some thing lighter in a smoker. Until then I use a Nexgrill propane grill I got at Costco

southernlady5464

The Nexgrill from Costco is what we use currently. We had a previous one that died. Only way I got hubby to get it from Costco us to remind him of their return policy. It’s done well.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We travel with our Rec Tec RT340, our Weber Q2200 and our 17" Blackstone Griddle. They each have their own place for our culinary needs and wants. We love all 3 but probably use the Weber Q2200 the most.

TerribleTim68

We had an RVQ with our last trailer and it worked very well. It clipped onto the side of the RV in a little surface mounted channel and hooked to teh trailer propane -
01-rvq-011.jpg
I'm actually very sad that we let it go with the trailer when we sold that unit. I should have kept it.

tomhank

I have a Weber big joe charcoal barbecue, it is the ideal size for grilling pork/lamb chops, steaks, and sausages for a typical growing family of 4 to 6 people. It also allows for very safe and easy transportation. Very convenient and useful.