Washer dryer for 5th wheel

Kath

What is the best washer & dryer for a 5th Wheel, would like side by side, not stackable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Noofear

Splendide 2100XC combo vented works great and fits nicely in the w/d closet.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

I agree with noofear, we have the Splendide WD2100XC with exhaust. Wife loves it, happy wife, happy life.

RickL

We have both a washer and a dryer sitting side by side. They are the Splendid Ariston models. The dryer is vented and works wonderful. These are my wife’s pride and joy. My sister on the other hand has the Splendid combo unit. She hates it as her clothes come out wrinkled and after seeing ours really hates what she has now. But, to each their own. For us, it will always be two separate units.

Kath

We are looking at two separate units, have not heard good things about
Combos.

B

Boatman

Another vote for the Splendid Ariston models. We enjoy our separate washer and dryer.

dave10a

I have Splendide Ariston W/D stackable. They seem the be reliable and do a good job, but the dryer fan is too noisy to where it is hard to hear the TV over that noise. I think will look closer at other brands when I get my next unit.

RickL

I have Splendide Ariston W/D stackable. They seem the be reliable and do a good job, but the dryer fan is too noisy to where it is hard to hear the TV over that noise. I think will look closer at other brands when I get my next unit.

My one question is - is your dryer vented or non vented? Our dryer is vented and to be honest I don’t hear it run. It’s the washer I feel (doesn’t really emit a lot of noise). The washer shakes the trailer in the spin cycles. But it’s a small price to pay to be able to do laundry at home.

dave10a

My one question is - is your dryer vented or non vented? Our dryer is vented and to be honest I don’t hear it run. It’s the washer I feel (doesn’t really emit a lot of noise). The washer shakes the trailer in the spin cycles. But it’s a small price to pay to be able to do laundry at home.

It is vented-- I am not aware of the stackable being non-vented. The noise is something some folks experience while others do not. I am not sure why other than possible those that don't hear them may have their hearing aids turned down :).

Our Splendide is a combo unit and it is vented. The vented units dry better than non vented. I has a little vibration on the spin cycle, other wise it is very quiet. Make sure to use softener, helps in the drying cycle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dave10a

Stackable and side by side are the same units. We chose the seperate washer and dryer because the combination units take a long time dry. The wife will not let me get another combination unit because of the long time to do the laundry. My question is do others that have the seperate dry and washer have a lot of noise from the dryer?

ksucats

Something has bounced around on our Spendide dryer - it now is very noisy. Wife did a Google search and feels that a roller has come off / loose but I'm not mechanically inclined enough to figure out how to pull the dryer out and work on it :eek::eek:. It was very quiet before but now it squeals a lot. We called Spendide when it first happened and were, unbelievably, referred to Sears maintenance. Called their 1800 for sears number and were told that they do work on them but that the unit has to be pulled out of the coach for them. We've let it go to date but looking to get it fixed during this winter.

danemayer

Something has bounced around on our Spendide dryer - it now is very noisy. Wife did a Google search and feels that a roller has come off / loose but I'm not mechanically inclined enough to figure out how to pull the dryer out and work on it :eek::eek:. It was very quiet before but now it squeals a lot. We called Spendide when it first happened and were, unbelievably, referred to Sears maintenance. Called their 1800 for sears number and were told that they do work on them but that the unit has to be pulled out of the coach for them. We've let it go to date but looking to get it fixed during this winter.

The Splendide dryer is surprisingly light weight and fairly easy to move. The hard part is to separate it from the washing machine as there may be brackets holding them together. Once out of the rig, you may not find it difficult to open up and investigate further.