EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana - 10/3/2019 to 10/6/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Posz

Betty is planning on shopping for the pot luck before we arrive in the Amanas, and was wondering what to being. Any suggestions? We expect to arrive around lunch time on Thursday. See you then.
Jim Posz

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Betty is planning on shopping for the pot luck before we arrive in the Amanas, and was wondering what to being. Any suggestions? We expect to arrive around lunch time on Thursday. See you then.
Jim Posz

I am sure anything you bring is sure to be good!

jbeletti

A group of early arrivers went out to dinner tonight to Joensy's for pork tenderloins. Pretty good sandwich and nicely priced.

IMG_8659.jpg IMG_8661.jpg

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
A group of early arrivers went out to dinner tonight to Joensy's for pork tenderloins. Pretty good sandwich and nicely priced.

View attachment 62985 View attachment 62986

That reminds me that the Maid rite off I-80 south of Amana is closed.
However, There is a Maid-rite location near downtown Cedar rapids if your looking for a maid-rite fix Tuesday or Wednesday.
Maid-Rite West
621 1st Ave. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
319-364-4415
I-380 Exit 91C

If your traveling east or west in iowa after the rally, You could check the Maid-rite site for other locations but parking may be an issue if your rig is in tow.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://maid-rite.com/locations.php
[/FONT]

jbeletti

That reminds me that the Maid rite off I-80 south of Amana is closed.
However, There is a Maid-rite location near downtown Cedar rapids if your looking for a maid-rite fix Tuesday or Wednesday.
Maid-Rite West
621 1st Ave. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
319-364-4415
I-380 Exit 91C

If your traveling east or west in iowa after the rally, You could check the Maid-rite site for other locations but parking may be an issue if your rig is in tow.
http://maid-rite.com/locations.php

Ah - good to know! Gotta do the full Iowa-immersion ya know :)

Had a nice smoked Iowa pork chop the other night in Fort Dodge.

jbeletti

Hey Gerry, Bill and David - regarding out chat this afternoon about smoked pork chops... Tonight at dinner in Coralville with our area friends, they told me that Fareway had thick smoked Iowa pork chops. On the way back here, I stopped and picked up 2 of them and they look fantastic.

The store is about 20 mins away.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Hey Gerry, Bill and David - regarding out chat this afternoon about smoked pork chops... Tonight at dinner in Coralville with our area friends, they told me that Fareway had thick smoked Iowa pork chops. On the way back here, I stopped and picked up 2 of them and they look fantastic.

The store is about 20 mins away.

You're in for a real treat. Those iowa chops from fareway are great!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Anyone missing a dinner knife with a black handle? I think I found it thursday night after the potluck.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Thank you, everyone for attending the Iowa chapter rally, I hope everyone had a good time despite the mud and rain!

Thank you for all the helping hands throughout the rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.