Hello

Tbone-67

Hello everyone. Am new to the club. Just bought Mallard M25. My awning led lights when turned on blink on and off. Thought okay, get the remote and change it. But remote doesn’t work. Changed batteries and have the remote everywhere outside the awning. Help!

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Tbone-67,

Congratulations on the new Mallard and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Hopefully another Mallard owner will chime in shortly with the answer.

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum and family. You're at the right site to ge help. Don't be a stranger to the site. Later and hope to meet you down the road.

jerryjay11

Standing from your entrance door, looking up at the awning tube you should see a protrusion at the left end of the tube coming out of a small approx. 1.4 inch grommet (the wiring side). That would be the receiver eye for your remote. If you can see the receiver, your batteries are good and installed properly you may have a defective remote. If you can't see the receiver you may need to attempt to pull it back out of the grommet enough for it to be in line of sight with the remote. I had to do this with mine and I ended up using a small diameter, stiff wire, making a hook to grab it, then needle nose pliers to gently pull it the rest of the way. Be careful not to crush it with the needle nose.

There are also plenty of videos and doc's online if you do a Google search.

Tbone-67

Thank you all! Will try suggestion on receiver eye. We are really excited about this RV! I am retired and my wife will semi-retire in May. Looking forward to many happy trips.

dan00500

I'm having a problem with my awning lights too. Did anyone do a search for documentation and find the right information for the LEDs that come with the Mallard trailers?

Here's a link to my thread where I describe that I can't control the lights. To summarize: I'm not sure if I have the wrong remote or the lights aren't working right. The user manual will hopefully show me what the remote should look like, which ought to rule out one possible issue. I'm also trying this thread's receiver suggestion.

**Dan

dan00500

Update: I'm no longer having trouble with my awning lights. The light sensor was covered by some electrical tape, which explains why the remote wasn't working. I did in fact have the correct remote, which is odd to me. There are no markings on the remote indicating that it's for the awning.

awning lights

My wife and I just got the 2019 M27 and we are having the same trouble with the awning lights in that you can not change the color of the lights. In the description below said to look for the sensor by the door in the trac for the awning. My wiring for the awning and lights are on the left side of the awning by the bedroom door. Any further info or even a pic would help me a lot. Thanks all. Happy camping

Standing from your entrance door, looking up at the awning tube you should see a protrusion at the left end of the tube coming out of a small approx. 1.4 inch grommet (the wiring side). That would be the receiver eye for your remote. If you can see the receiver, your batteries are good and installed properly you may have a defective remote. If you can't see the receiver you may need to attempt to pull it back out of the grommet enough for it to be in line of sight with the remote. I had to do this with mine and I ended up using a small diameter, stiff wire, making a hook to grab it, then needle nose pliers to gently pull it the rest of the way. Be careful not to crush it with the needle nose.

There are also plenty of videos and doc's online if you do a Google search.
My wiring is on the right end. ? ?

jerryjay11

That would be where I am describing. Maybe I should have added "with your back to the trailer." Also note the sensor is in the roller, not the track.