2002 Duramax smoking

Lynn1130

As a former LB7 owner I can tell you that that sign is the death sign of injectors. He is out of warranty and on his own dollar. Bosch is the only way to go. Unfortunately after three sets I can tell you that there is no magic bullet for injectors on the LB7 Duramax. The best filtration that you can get, which means better pre-filter be Amsoil or other brand along with a lift pump will help. Add to that some fuel lube additive, and there are a number of suggestions from lube studies that have been done will help but one tank of bad fuel at some back water station will do a number on the injectors. So be careful where you fill also.

Injector test should not be over 4 at idle and 6 with the engine engaged and the foot on the brake.

carl.swoyer

I have a 2002 6.6L LB7 which has begun to emit white smoke from the exhaust. Seems like it's more noticeable at an idle, but that just might be because the trucks not moving. Puts out quite a cloud when leaving from a stop. Oil level seems to be staying put and it doesn't look like I'm making oil (that's what alerted me the last time the injectors went out). This last spring I installed a Banks system which included the 4" exhaust, an exhaust brake, tuner, and new air intake system. Don't know that that has anything to do with the issue, but thought I'd mention it.

We are currently traveling in Texas and just arrived in Abilene. I am wondering if any of you Texans that call Abilene home have any recommendations on a shop that would be able to diagnose the issue. I have my own thoughts on what the issue might be. I had the injectors replaced with the newer upgraded ones back at the 110,000 mile mark. The truck now only has 168,000 on it. Anyone have a shop that they trust enough to recommend? Thanks.
I had an 05 lly. It was a broke plastic part in the part that you mount the fuel filter on.
I also got horrible fuel mileage.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

The filter head rebuild is something that needs to be done at some point. The symptoms are usually poor start long cranking) or no start. I have not heard of that causing hazing, although anything is possible.

carl.swoyer

The filter head rebuild is something that needs to be done at some point. The symptoms are usually poor start long cranking) or no start. I have not heard of that causing hazing, although anything is possible.
I also had an issue sometime later. The filter housing was bad. My symptom was I started the truck walked to the back of the truck and the truck died.
If you prime the filter housing and let it sit over night and then in the morning try to start it.
If it won't start it needs to be replaced.. to verify prime again

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk