New buyer

JCav

I am currently in the process of purchasing a 2019 pioneer bh 270... after being on a few site, I am hearing horror stories with all heartland campers. Can anyone give me good things about this manufacturer before I sign the dotted line? Thank you

danemayer

Hi Jcav,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Posts about problems are routine in online forums. But it can be misleading as it's kind of a squeaky wheel effect. People who are just enjoying their trailers don't typically post that everything is great. So when you get online, you can easily come away thinking that RVs all have problem after problem. And that's true for all brands.

Heartland has recently opened a Pre-Delivery Inspection facility in Elkhart, IN, and is running every trailer through that facility to improve the buyer experience with new trailers. I"m sure it won't catch every problem, but Heartland is working hard to give buyers a better trailer than the competition.

Heartland also has been more flexible than other companies when you do need warranty repair work. If it's more convenient for you to use an independent repair shop or mobile servicer, with prior approval from Heartland, you can do so. With simple repairs, if you're handy, Heartland may agree to ship you the parts for self-install.

And as many on this forum have found, a quick post here often provides simple answers when something seems to be wrong. We have a great bunch of friendly and helpful people on this forum who are quick to reach out with help.

Finally, there's the Heartland Owners Club. Membership is free and gets you into local and regional rallies where you'll meet like-minded people, make a bunch of friends, and have a great time.

Hope to see you down the road.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We are on our third Heartland trailer. So far, we have been very pleased. Has there been some minor problems… Yes. But nothing that you wouldn’t find it any other manufacture. And Heartland Custimer Service was easy and fair to deal with. Do a good PDI when you go to purchase. And ask tons of questions on this forum. It is priceless.

Good luck

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I am currently in the process of purchasing a 2019 pioneer bh 270... after being on a few site, I am hearing horror stories with all heartland campers. Can anyone give me good things about this manufacturer before I sign the dotted line? Thank you

My wife and I are on our 3rd Heartland Fifth Wheel and love the brand. I am not saying that the Heartland product line is a perfect product line, but we love and have been happy with all of ours. And like Jaimie said, their customer service has been AWESOME to work with. They have been super friendly and the best thing is, we do not have to take our rig to a selling dealer, or a dealership at all. We have a local repair guy or me, that has done all of our repair work and Heartland did not balk at it at all.

Rod.

CDN

B and B

Hello,

Check any brand. Often the 1% complain a lot, 95% are happy and 4% have issues that can be resolved/or were not resolved and frequent message board making their point known to anyone that will listen. You always see complaints first. Whether it's Heartland, Airstream, Hymer or Forest River.

Having own many brands in the past Heartland has been most trouble free in my experience. Had two Forest River products and one was major slide issues day one, never fixed. We had a second FR Fifth Wheel that was just too light in construction and would eventually just fall apart on the road.

Dealer choice is important also a full PDI prior to paying having ll issues fixed. They need to respond to customers needs.

Brian

Thunderbolt

From experience learned the hard way. Every RV has thousands of parts and some will fail. They are built by humans, which introduce errors and other things. I had some issues with our Cyclone but Heartland stood behind it. I called and found a lot of the stuff the dealer told me was pure bull droppings. When Heartland found the unit had been in the shop for an extended period of time, they called the dealer and me. One thing to remember about the internet is that you do not know who is posting what. I feel a lot of the really negative stuff comes from competitor's or their agents, people who are not happy in their own lives and therefore no one should be happy, and so on. Once we got the issues repaired we have had nothing but fun with ours. Every new camper has some sort of issue(s) which are normal. I have heard and seen several things about one brand but I don't repeat any of it.

NYSUPstater

Buying a RV is a MAJOR purchase. We had a '06 Cedar Creek which we bought new in May '05 and had it for 12 years. Overall it was a very good coach and when we were looking at new RV's, was pretty much going to go w/ another Cedar Creek. They seemed to have a very good following, not a lot of issues and so on. Visiting the Hershey show in fall of '16, sadly, we really didn't see anything within in CC line that triggered our fingers. The Mrs wanted to see some RV's that had a 1/2 bath to which CC had one and you felt like you were in a sardine can. Wondering around, we went into the HL line up of Big Horn's as they had a 1/2 bath model. My 1st thought of this line was "oh my, lil pricey", but appeared to be a well built coach and their 1/2 bath was HUGE !. Month later while on last camping trip for the season, it was raining, so we decided to scope out a dealers lot nearby. In doing so, wife said as we were in (Heartland Big Country)(which ended up being model we bought in spring of '17) said "THIS IS IT!". Ordered it in March '17 and picked up in May. Wasn't a local dealer, so told them I wasn't making a return trip to get anything fixed so could they please go over it very well. They did as we didn't find anything real serious during our PDI. However a issue did arise month or so after purchase w/ slide/trim to which HL took care of thru local dealer's sister shop. Since then, she has been a wonderful coach. Be diligent during your PDI to which you want to do BEFORE signing any remaining paperwork/handing over final check. Oh as for my comment out being lil pricey, ends up it right in line w/ other mfr's including Cedar Creek which BTW, still nothing triggers our finger w/ them.

emery395

Dealing with HL customer service has been great.

HL floor plan on cyclone 4005 was perfect for us.

Remember the the silent majority are happy customers