Cooling our RW

Brenn

Being new to this, I saw one member asking about cooling their RV. My husband and I have found various ways other then AC and using your vents. We purchased some blackout curtains and put them up with tension rods. They work wonders. We even put them in our Toy Hauler garage. We are now attempting to put up Gila heat control window film. We will let you know how that goes. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:

LBR

Being new to this, I saw one member asking about cooling their RV. My husband and I have found various ways other then AC and using your vents. We purchased some blackout curtains and put them up with tension rods. They work wonders. We even put them in our Toy Hauler garage. We are now attempting to put up Gila heat control window film. We will let you know how that goes. Fingers crossed.

We applied #5 extra dark to all windows except the large galley windows....even did both door windows. I counted the individual tint panels we put up and it was 19 of them.

We also replaced the rear three seasons doors yucky 4 full-length plastics that were yellowing with tinted panels..what a difference it has made!

The hardest part of the window tinting was trimming in the rounded corners...each panel took twice as long to apply because of those dang corners.

1a4eaac687e02e887944e031127cc617.jpg
5cc9f39c7608c4aaeb97d542da15890a.jpg
824d3ba8bce7f994cb0c3b747c9fe9d6.jpg
5d57ce35335660a0f9d7e45eb7f3e45c.jpg

Brenn

LBR, thank you for your advice. What type of panels did you put in your season doors in garage? Was it plexiglass? Thank you

LBR

LBR, thank you for your advice. What type of panels did you put in your season doors in garage? Was it plexiglass? Thank you
They are 1/8" tinted acrylic. In the one photo, there is one pane still missing....that would be the view with clear acrylic compared to our tinted ones already installed.

I had our local glass shop order in and cut to my specs since in our liquidation sales, I sold my table saw.

spectra

Can you provide details on the black out curtains and tension rod you installed in the garage? We have a 2017 Heartland Road Warrior and are looking to do that as well