Hot water heater not working on LP

mixie57

Plenty of gas; fridge & stove work fine on LP, tank is not empty. Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mixie57

No clue, don’t know what to look for. Is the pilot visible from the access panel?

rhodies1

Get your better half to turn on the propane switch while you stand outdoors by the exhaust panel and listen to see if you can hear the igniter fire. It should try and light the unit 3 times before shutting down.
If you do not hear the igniter fire ,check your fuse panel to see if you have a blown fuse.check these and report back.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

david-steph2018

No clue, don’t know what to look for. Is the pilot visible from the access panel?

One thing is the water heater does not have a pilot light like in your house. What heater does your unit have? On our Road Warrior we have an Atwood heater. Our heater stopped heating on LP like your unit did. It was a bad board, if you need a new board and go through a dealer it is around $200.00. If you go to the top of the page under "TOOLS" then scroll down to "MANUALS" you will find the manuals for water heaters. It will guide thru the troubleshooting and give you advise on the heater.
If you go to:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/
you may find a board for cheaper prices.

[/FONT]

mixie57

It is an Atwood 10 gal. We have an extended warranty so I’m going to contact a mobile rv repair service then. Thanks for your suggestion.

carl.swoyer

It is an Atwood 10 gal. We have an extended warranty so I’m going to contact a mobile rv repair service then. Thanks for your suggestion.

I think there is a reset on the unit. A rubber boot with a switch inside?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

mixie57

Didn’t find a rubber boot with switch inside. Tried replacing the 2a fuse and it still doesn’t work. Next step is to take the panel off and see if something has come loose; the light doesn’t come on.

My water heater is having the same problem. Did you ever find out what was wrong? My water heater will turn on and work with electric, but seems like the system is locked out of the LP side? Light wont turn on, it is not attempting to start. I can't find a reset button either. When ours stopped working we had just switched propane tanks, the DSI light turned for a second, so I am assuming it was locked out.

mixie57

We still have not found the issue. Waiting to have a mobile RV service check it out when we return to St. Louis in middle of September.