Air Conditioner Issue

relic57

Hi Everyone, We have a 2017 Big Country 3450, with the whisper quiet air conditioners. Back when we got it there was the issue of water coming in. So the dealer came out and put more holes in the pan for drainage as I guess was the fix. Anyway we have had no issues with anything. Last night we went to bed and the bed was soaked. We looked up and there was water dripping down from the seam molding of the ceiling panel. I looked in the air channels and they were dry. It was just dripping from the seam . We had the air on three different times yesterday and nothing different from normal. I have not gone on the roof yet as I wanted to post this first for any info on what it may be. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynn1130

Has it been raining? Is it possible that this is rain rather than air conditioner? Could it be condensation? Too much inside humidity causing condensation on the ceiling?

relic57

Yes, it has been raining with humidity, funny how it is only on the one part of the ceiling molding. Could be condensation though.
Thanks for your reply.
Dave

carl.swoyer

Check out the the bolts that secure the unit to the roof. Possibly a bad seal due to loose bolts.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Emma

My air conditioner [FONT=&quot]stopped blowing cold air. The reason is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the air filter is too dirty. Is that right? So how to clean it [/FONT]:bối rối:

wdk450

My air conditioner stopped blowing cold air. The reason is the air filter is too dirty. Is that right? So how to clean it :bối rối:

I haven't heard of that, but cleaning the filter is a good beginning place to start.
How old is your RV and air conditioner? How hot are the afternoon temperatures where you are? Can you hear the compressor running? (Usually causes a noticeable vibration inside the rig ). Check You Tube for videos on cleaning the rooftop cooling coils.

I had a 10 year old 15K BTU Dometic AC that started to have the compressor quit in hot California central valley a couple of years ago. At the time, I could not afford a new rooftop unit. It has now been replaced. At the time, I determined that the compressor inside the roof shroud has an over-temperature cutoff switch mounted to the top of the compressor, cutting it off and stopping cooling when the outside temperature was the hottest. I was able to cool the compressor off with a tabletop fan secured with mechanics wire to the shroud just outside the compressor blowing in on the compressor. I ran an electric cord down from the roof to an outlet on the off door side. This kept the system going until I could get a new rooftop half of the AC.

Note: At the time I added the fan, family circumstances kept me in 1 spot without moving for many months, so the fan was not in place during RV travel.

Emma

I haven't heard of that, but cleaning the filter is a good beginning place to start.
How old is your RV and air conditioner? How hot are the afternoon temperatures where you are? Can you hear the compressor running? (Usually causes a noticeable vibration inside the rig ). Check You Tube for videos on cleaning the rooftop cooling coils.

I had a 10 year old 15K BTU Dometic AC that started to have the compressor quit in hot California central valley a couple of years ago. At the time, I could not afford a new rooftop unit. It has now been replaced. At the time, I determined that the compressor inside the roof shroud has an over-temperature cutoff switch mounted to the top of the compressor, cutting it off and stopping cooling when the outside temperature was the hottest. I was able to cool the compressor off with a tabletop fan secured with mechanics wire to the shroud just outside the compressor blowing in on the compressor. I ran an electric cord down from the roof to an outlet on the off door side. This kept the system going until I could get a new rooftop half of the AC.

Note: At the time I added the fan, family circumstances kept me in 1 spot without moving for many months, so the fan was not in place during RV travel.
I have read some information like my prolem in here: https://www.vogeltalksrving.com/how-to-clean-rv-air-conditioner-filter/ What do you think about this? Is it reliable?:confused:

david-steph2018

wdk450

I have read some information like my prolem in here: https://www.vogeltalksrving.com/how-to-clean-rv-air-conditioner-filter/ What do you think about this? Is it reliable?:confused:

Of course, cleaning your inside intake air filter is a first step in RV air conditioner maintenance. I got so fed up with the high noise levels 12 hours a day or more in the summer heat, that I invested in this $200 noise reduction intake with a filter that cuts the noise about in half: https://wackoproducts.com/?gclid=Cj...GICjrkUvmiylaIpMkYo0V4a-qGr1lRS0aAkwlEALw_wcB

tomhank

My air conditioner stopped blowing cold air. The reason is the air filter is too dirty. Is that right? So how to clean it
More often than not, the reason why your air conditioner stopped blowing cold air is because the air filter is too dirty. If you find that your RV’s air conditioner filters are not reusable, do not attempt to clean them. Washing a disposable filter will only cause it to deteriorate, making it useless in cleaning the air. Replace your old disposable air filter with a brand new one. If you like, you can use a reusable air filter this time around.

Last edited:

wdk450

Relic 57:
This thread started in mid August and people are STILL suggesting solutions for a problem that made your main bed unusable!!!

Good forum etiquette would expect you to post if you got a problem fixed, after posting for help.