Pioneer BH270 Battery

mauracoog

Okay, we are new to the camper world. We've taken our camper out twice and I went to storage yesterday to get some information from it and the battery was dead. First, what's the best way to recharge? I've been told you can "jump" it. Second, what would be pulling power? I checked and everything was off. I guess I need to invest in a quick disconnect for the battery. Any guidance is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello mauracoog and welcome to the camper world and this great informational forum.
You are on the right track by installing a battery cutoff switch. You could also just disconnect the neutral (-) cable from the battery.
A couple of things are always drawing a little DC power. CO detector and if you have a DC powered radio it is always in standby.
Check out the links in my signature, you might want to join the Heartland Owners Club. Free and easy.

Peace
Dave

mauracoog

Hello mauracoog and welcome to the camper world and this great informational forum.
You are on the right track by installing a battery cutoff switch. You could also just disconnect the neutral (-) cable from the battery.
A couple of things are always drawing a little DC power. CO detector and if you have a DC powered radio it is always in standby.
Check out the links in my signature, you might want to join the Heartland Owners Club. Free and easy.

Peace
Dave

Thanks so much Dave. I'll llok in the the owners club now. What is the best/quickest way to recharge battery in your opinion?

Oregon_Camper

Thanks so much Dave. I'll llok in the the owners club now. What is the best/quickest way to recharge battery in your opinion?

Easiest way to charge your battery(s) is to simply plug in your RV and allow the built in converter to charge them.

If you are in a rush, you could use an external battery charger, but make sure you understand the correct amps to send to the battery bank.

donr827

You could take the battery home and put it on a charger if you have one. When you have it charged let it sit for a few minutes to get the surface float charge off and then monitor the battery for a day to make sure you do not have a bad cell. Of course this all matters if you have the time and charger at home.