Help please!! Water Heater - RESOLVED

Hi all. First post on this forum, and a new Heartland owner. I have a Pioneer BH250. My question is, how do I turn on the water heater? The switch in the bath room is set to gas. Is there somewhere I am supposed to turn this thing on? It’s been a few hours, and I am only getting cold water. Any help is appreciated. This is my first trip out with my new camper.

Thank you

Martin

Re: Help please!! Water Heater

I took the cover off the hot water heater in the back side of the trailer...and there is a little tap of sorts in there, and when I opened it, hot water cane out. But I still have no hot water anywhere inside the trailer. I also tried the outside shower, but it is also cold. Am I missing something? I can’t get hot water to flow in any tap.

danemayer

I took the cover off the hot water heater in the back side of the trailer...and there is a little tap of sorts in there, and when I opened it, hot water cane out. But I still have no hot water anywhere inside the trailer. I also tried the outside shower, but it is also cold. Am I missing something? I can’t get hot water to flow in any tap.

If hot water comes out of the pressure relief valve but not out of the faucets, you're winterized; the water heater is in bypass mode.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

mlpeloquin

Another possibility. If you have an outside shower faucet with both the hot and cold valves on and the shower head is off, there will be no flow out the shower head, but it will mix cold with hot. Thus no hot water.

danemayer

How do I get it out of bypass mode?

Start with the Winterization Guide in this folder. Page 5 shows a picture that is probably similar to your bypass valves. Typically there are 3 valves. One on the cold water line going into the bottom of the water heater. Another on the hot water line coming out of the water heater. A third valve is on a cross-over line connecting cold and hot water lines. To de-winterize, open the hot and cold valves and close the cross-over valve.

Locating the water heater valves is sometimes tricky. They're usually close to the inside surface of the water heater. So start on the outside where the water heater is located, and then go inside and look for access panels, or drawers that when pulled out, reveal an access panel, or reveal the valves.

Recently, some owners have reported finding bypass valves that don't follow the description above. If that's what you have, you may have to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Thank you for your help. I unscrewed the panel inside the trailer that is in front of the hot water heater. Sure enough, there was a sticker on one of the water lines showing which way the valves are to be positioned. Mine was in bypass. Now, I have hot water flowing inside the trailer faucets. Thank you all for your help. It was much appreciated. This is our first trip with a trailer, and I had assumed that it was ready for use when I purchased it.

On on another note, it really doesn’t take very long to get the water heated up with the water heater.

Again, thank you

Martin