No propane to stove, interior or exterior cook top or refrigerator...but there is propane to water heater!

JDawg

Hello all! I just took delivery of my 2019 Cyclone and LOVE IT! Unfortunately I have a problem! I do not have any propane flowing to the interior cook top, the exterior grill or the Norcold refrigerator. My tanks are full and turned on. I have my water heater set to use propane only and have plenty of hot water. Any suggestions? Is there a secondary value somewhere?

NYSUPstater

Hello all! I just took delivery of my 2019 Cyclone and LOVE IT! Unfortunately I have a problem! I do not have any propane flowing to the interior cook top, the exterior grill or the Norcold refrigerator. My tanks are full and turned on. I have my water heater set to use propane only and have plenty of hot water. Any suggestions? Is there a secondary value somewhere?

Are you sure the hot water is on gas only? Do you hear any sound from it heating? If no, then it's on electric. Same thing happend to us when we got our BC.....no gas. WTH? Found out I turned the tank valves on too fast. I forgot exact sequence of how I "reset" them, but you need to open valve slowly because of a safety feature within tank valve. Then wait a short bit and try lighting up the stove 1st as that's the fastest to purge the air out we found and we also use a fire starter sparker to ignite the gas. Saves a lot of clicking. Once you get the stove lit, the other items will now run on gas at this point.

JDawg

Yep...gas is definitely on at the water heater. Sounds like a jet engine taking off! But there definitely was air in the line. I kept turning on the range...it finally lit with the help of a lighter. Thank you!

Lynn1130

In the latest models, it is made electric

What happens when you dry camp?

Just a hint with propane into the trailer. When I open the tanks after the trailer has been sitting for awhile I go inside and turn on the stove top burners and keep trying to lite them. Once they come on I shut them off and go to the fridge and push the "gas" button, listening for the flame to light on the fridge. I then know that there is propane to the areas that need it and don't end up with something failing for lack of propane.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A note on trying to light the stove with the piezo lighter after hauling the rig around and thinking you have a propane problem. The wire can pop out of the socket for it and you will need to lift the stove top to reinsert it.

Lynn1130

The wire can pop out of the socket for it and you will need to lift the stove top to reinsert it.

Yes, that too. I took a little silicone and made sure it would stay.