Replacing Flooring

Oregon_Camper

This summer we had one of our slide-out rollers break (yea..the steel roller just snapped) and that causes it to snag our linolium flooring and rip it all the way back (see image)

We were able to take about the slide out apart (while book docking no less) and get the part to a local town and welded (I have new one now)

So...question to those that have replaced your flooring. What is the process? We are thinking of using engineered hardwood planks, but not sure how well the slide will do as it has to crawl up the hardware first. Love to hear your solution(s). :cool:

20190623_090215.jpg

pegmikef

I just had to have the floor replaced in my Landmark. It is under warranty so Heartland paid. Affinity RV Group in Goshen, Indiana replaced mine and it was quite an operation. They took all the trim off the kitchen slide and then took the slide completely out of the rig and put it on dollies. They also took the kitchen island out. Pulled up the old linoleum and replaced it with the new. Put everything back together and it is better than new. The whole deal took ten to twelve hours.

Attachments

• floor1.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 72
  • in progress 1.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 68
  • in progress 2.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 64
  • in progress 3.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 65
  • finished1.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 68
  • finished 2.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 73

CDN

B and B
My floor is suppose to be done due to a staple making a mark on the floor. I used a heat gun and reformed the vinyl so t is hardly noticeable. We are at almost don't see it now and may just leave as is.

I just had to have the floor replaced in my Landmark. It is under warranty so Heartland paid. Affinity RV Group in Goshen, Indiana replaced mine and it was quite an operation. They took all the trim off the kitchen slide and then took the slide completely out of the rig and put it on dollies. They also took the kitchen island out. Pulled up the old linoleum and replaced it with the new. Put everything back together and it is better than new. The whole deal took ten to twelve hours.
Hello I'm new to this forum. I had a couple questions for ya.
What happened to your floor for it needing to be replaced? How long was it at shop before they started working on it ?
How did you go about getting covered under warranty?
I have a 2018 Roadwarrior and I have a major floor issue that I have just noticed that I'm hoping will be covered. No idea what ,where or when problem started but while living room & kitchen floor very soft and getting worse. RV has a side and back patio on it and noticed last time we used it that it was extra heavy. Yep you guessed it, Full of water. We are beside ourselves.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
How can you be so sure that it will not happen again in a short period of time i'm sure they put the same chunk roller back in I am in the process of repairing mine and I will add a third 10 inch roller and have the roller brackets reinforced this seems to be a repeated problem from about 2015 to current

- - - Updated - - -

This summer we had one of our slide-out rollers break (yea..the steel roller just snapped) and that causes it to snag our linolium flooring and rip it all the way back (see image)

We were able to take about the slide out apart (while book docking no less) and get the part to a local town and welded (I have new one now)

So...question to those that have replaced your flooring. What is the process? We are thinking of using engineered hardwood planks, but not sure how well the slide will do as it has to crawl up the hardware first. Love to hear your solution(s). :cool:

View attachment 62852
Wow I had to look twice you have the exact same flooring color and pattern and the exact same tear I have only mine is under the refrigerator

Piperflyer

I had heartland send me new flooring. I hired a independent flooring guy, who was recommended to me to piece in the floor that was ripped by my broken roller. You can't see the seam unless you really look for it. Should of never happened!!

pegmikef

Hello I'm new to this forum. I had a couple questions for ya.
What happened to your floor for it needing to be replaced? How long was it at shop before they started working on it ?
How did you go about getting covered under warranty?
I have a 2018 Roadwarrior and I have a major floor issue that I have just noticed that I'm hoping will be covered. No idea what ,where or when problem started but while living room & kitchen floor very soft and getting worse. RV has a side and back patio on it and noticed last time we used it that it was extra heavy. Yep you guessed it, Full of water. We are beside ourselves.

One end of the large slide rollers slipped out of the bracket and the bracket tore the floor (it was worse than the one picture I showed). I took it to my dealer and they fixed the slide problem, but did not have the capability to repair the floor. I also had a problem with another slide and Heartland told the dealer that it was a factory level problem and I was referred to Affinity RV Group in Goshen, IN and an appointment was arranged so I could be there a week or two before the national rally. I submitted pictures of the floor damage and Affinity obtained authorization to replace the floor as well. Since I had appointments there wasn't much wait time at either the dealer or Affinity. I will not take my rig to anyone I am not familiar with and I find that it is most effective to make specific appointments. Good luck with your problem.