Refrigerator will not work on Propane when the slide is in ???

Hello all fellow Heartland Owners I have a strange issue. I was installing some more fans in the back of my refrigerator and when I was all done I went to turn the unit on using only propane and it would not light and the frig told me no flame. I can hear the igniter clicking but no flame I made sure there where no air pocket in the gas line. and both bottles are full. I had it in the service department for not working on propane but they said the frig is working as intended. So not wanting to take back to service center I will diagnose
my own issue, will that said I found that the frig will not work on propane with the slide in only with the slide out, racked my brain over this one. I use the propane while travling to keep my food cold and my Ice Cream colder, I have a 2019 Heartland Torque 416 Toy Hauler, Is this a new safety this that there doing? Can it be bypassed? any suggestion or tips? I need my Ice Cream Thanks for the help.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya re-route the propane line so it will not kink when the slide is in. If the line has been kinked to many times and is weak in that spot you can use a hose wrap like this to fix it. Or replace it.

a3-d214d.jpg

wdk450

I did what is described and shown on the following thread. I did it because of a reported fire danger from the refrigerator propane hose under the slide getting broken open in tire failure incidents and starting an RV fire. I believe that the newer propane bottle valves now do not allow massive gas flows and help prevent this. But my fix had a side benefit of preventing slide propane hose pinching with the slide in.

Here's the link to the thread: https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/31047-Reducing-Kitchen-Slide-Propane-Fire-Risk

mlpeloquin

Seems strange, but you actually want a clean massive cut to open the propane hose. This allows the high flow to allow the propane safety valve to close. If the hose just get cut and propane leaks, sparks from a blown steel belt will light it up. Even better to have good tires and not go over five years from the manufacturing date. The best is to have good tires and standard home fridge, which is what my next rig will have. :eek:

Well with my wife's help I crowed under the slide while she move the slide out and in while I looked for any kinks or pinches none hose is free and clear. So with the slide out I fired up the frig on propane then had her bring the slide all the way in, while I watch the flame, when the slide was fully
seated the flame went out and the frig said check flame, turn off and on saw the igniter spark but no flame, then had here open the slide just two inches and behold we have flame. So this must be a safety thing thats new. haven't contact Heartland yet. but will be bring her in for more warranty work soon,