EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Powhatan, - 6/4/2020 to 6/7/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Rally Canceled! At 2 PM today the Virginia Governor issued a "Stay at Home" order running into June and possibly longer. In compliance with his order, I have canceled our 2020 Heartland Virginia Rally.

I have notified the campground (Cindy) and have informed them. Each of you who are pre-registered will need to call Cozy Acres and request a refund of your deposit or a re-booking to another date.

I apologize for having to do this, but feel it is better to err on the side of safety.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
So sorry you had to cancel. Our regional is a week later in Ohio and we are still planning it although I am trying not to get my hopes up to high.

klindgren

So sorry you had to cancel. Our regional is a week later in Ohio and we are still planning it although I am trying not to get my hopes up to high.

Yeah, it was a bummer Gerry, but we didn't have a choice. When the governor issued the stay at home order yesterday, he also closed all private campgrounds for short term stays. If we didn't cancel, the campground would have had to call us and cancel. When I talked with them yesterday, they said they were hoping the till June 10th ordered would be shortened, but there are no guarantees it will be.

Sure hope you have better luck with your regional rally than we have. Byrd and Nathan canceled the Southeast Rally scheduled for the end of
April.

Hope you and Debbie are doing well.

Carmjas03

Keith and Carol,
I called and left a message to cancel my reservation for the Virginia rally. Even though you had to cancel our event, Carm and I know you and Carol spent a lot of time and effort to make a fun weekend for us and want you both to know we really appreciate it. Thank you! Looking forward to the next Virginia state rally.
Jeff and Carm Stobie
Chesapeake, VA
2017 Heartand Torque T29
2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
2008 Honda Goldwing ABS

klindgren

Keith and Carol,
I called and left a message to cancel my reservation for the Virginia rally. Even though you had to cancel our event, Carm and I know you and Carol spent a lot of time and effort to make a fun weekend for us and want you both to know we really appreciate it. Thank you! Looking forward to the next Virginia state rally.
Jeff and Carm Stobie
Chesapeake, VA
2017 Heartand Torque T29
2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
2008 Honda Goldwing ABS
Thanks Jeff. We really appreciate your and Carm's support. We'll just have to make sure the next Virginia Rally is a real doozy!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Keith I feel your pain! I had worked hard to put on what had been planned to be my final Region Rally, but the decision to cancel it came from the KOA where it was to be held. Then, my Chapter Leaders and I had to decide to shut the chapter rallies down. I felt like I had been in a knife fight and had lost.

It was a hard decision to make but it was the right one. Our member's health is much more important than a rally. We'll have more rallies!

klindgren

Keith I feel your pain! I had worked hard to put on what had been planned to be my final Region Rally, but the decision to cancel it came from the KOA where it was to be held. Then, my Chapter Leaders and I had to decide to shut the chapter rallies down. I felt like I had been in a knife fight and had lost.

It was a hard decision to make but it was the right one. Our member's health is much more important than a rally. We'll have more rallies!
Thanks Jay. I was trying to hold off as long as I could but the decision was made for me. When our governor put the stay at home order into effect, he closed all private campgrounds to short term stays through the middle of June. As you said "We'll have more rallies!!" We'll just have to wait a while.

Joe G

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Keith - Maybe we can do something like a Heartland Owners Campout later in the year, when things return to normal........ Just a thought.

klindgren

Keith - Maybe we can do something like a Heartland Owners Campout later in the year, when things return to normal........ Just a thought.
I like that idea Joe. We can be thinking along those lines as we hunker down during this pandemic crisis. Always fun to plan, even if we can't go anywhere for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.