Quality (LCi Aluma-Tread steps)?

carl.swoyer

Has anyone ever owned the steps in the picture.
Are they solid?
A guy is selling his off a 2020 travel trailer for$100.00.
My original step I've welded a couple of times and presently working fine.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
7e90b1120fd6157c8b85bb792bf2e5fb.jpg

Niles

Re: Quality?

We changed ours out after the first ones broke, I've been very happy with them. I'm not a small person by any means and feel very comfortable going up and down them. At a $100 bucks I would jump on them, and not feel unsafe;).

danemayer

Carl,

Those look like the Alumigard steps, which are pretty good. One thing to look out for is the width of steps and the width of the box on your trailer. I got them some years back at a Goshen Rally. The box on our 2011 LM was slightly too narrow. The installer wedged the steps into place which put a bit of a bind into the folding action. So the steps were hard to operate on our rig. I figured it out when I removed them to install Torklift Glowsteps (which btw are way nicer).

You might measure the box on your rig to make sure you'll have a good fit. Or plan on bending the box sidewalls to make it fit.

carl.swoyer

Thanks guys!
As I stated previously my current steps are the originals and I repaired them twice by welding on them, they're still solid but I figured for a hundred bucks if these are any quality I'd put them to the side but I will definitely measure as well thanks again

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Fox

If you can retrofit them (assuming they are in good condition) then that is a steal.

Piperflyer

For the extra money here is the steps I would buy.. The Lippert SolidStep® Premium Quad w/hand rail

TajMyhaul

I bought Danemeyer’s steps 2 years ago & installed on my 2013 LM Mesa & were snug but we love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhodies1

We all have our thoughts on what type of steps they think are the best....personally I believe Torklift GlowSteps are the way to go for a replacement.I say it’s up to the individual based on what they feel they would be happy with in the end .