Nexus Motorhome Slide Damage - Anyone else?

Has anyone had any damage to the Lippert Slide? We purchased our 2018 Nexus Rv and replaced the motor under warranty to the Lippert last year. We are out of warranty and to repair the Slide Track is going to cost $3000. Lippert and Nexus basically says "SORRY".

SLIDE ROOM DOESN'T COME IN EVEN AND THEY NOTICE WATER ON THE FLOOR WHEN IT IS EXTENDED
SLIDE ROOM HAS 4 LIPPERT TRACK ASSEMBLIES THAT IT RUNS IN, 2 ARE DAMAGED TO THE POINT THAT THEY WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED TO FUNCTION PROPERLY. WE RECOMMEND REPLACING ALL 4 ON THE SLIDE UNIT, AS THE OTHER TWO WERE CERTAINLY COMPROMISED BY ADDITIONAL PRESSURE DUE TO THE FAILED COMPONENTS. OUR ESTIMATE FOR THESE REPAIRS IS $3000 PARTS AND LABOR. THERE IS NO VISIBLE EVIDENCE THAT THE DAMAGE WAS CAUSED BY ANYTHING OTHER THAN FAILED COMPONENTS DURING NORMAL OPERATION.

I'm new so I can't post pics yet.

Thanks in advance!
WandanMike

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Lippert Slide Damage $3000 repair

Since Nexus RV is not a Heartland towable product you might have better luck finding answers on a motor coach forum.
I have not heard on this forum of the type of failure that you have experienced.

Peace
Dave