Snowing inside the RV

DruidZ

OK, not snow. It's bits of Styrofoam. Ever since we got the roof replaced in October we get a little snow storm when the AC kicks in. The garage says that it is normal but I am not so sure. Here is a pic from just over a week ago:

20191130_8272.jpg

That's not even the worst. The DW cleaned up before I got a picture. Then she cleaned up this and a few more episodes since then. Today it did this:

20191207_8401.jpg

Does this look "normal" to anyone here?

danemayer

Replacing the Dicor rubber roofing, and probably the luan underneath, is very invasive. Everything has to come off the roof, including the A/C units. The A/C vents are just channels cut into the styrofoam used in the roof structure. It appears the styrofoam was stressed by the replacement procedure.

You might set the fan to HIGH mode and let the blower (not compressor) run continuously for an extended period. Maybe the loose stuff will all make its way out.

DruidZ

Replacing the Dicor rubber roofing, and probably the luan underneath, is very invasive. Everything has to come off the roof, including the A/C units. The A/C vents are just channels cut into the styrofoam used in the roof structure. It appears the styrofoam was stressed by the replacement procedure.

The garage that did the work suggested mice. I pointed out that it only started after the roof repair. He suggested duct cleaning but if it is mice that won't fix the underlying problem.

I think that I will try some of those sticky floor traps to see what I catch besides Styrofoam. I thought of poison but I don't want dead mice in my roof.

I did think that mice would leave more evidence though. Most of our food is stored in closed containers and what we do have in the original packaging shows no evidence of being chewed through. We also haven't seen any droppings.

I am running the fan of high so we will see what happens there.

sengli

Never had our roof replaced, but....When we had our last big horn, every time we ran the air we had the snow mixed with some saw dust land on our furniture. We had that unit for 5 years and it still snowed especially after had traveled on some rough roads. The roof back then was made up of 5 inches of foam blocks that was laminated with ducts running thru it.