a/c will not shut off

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Looking for ideas on how to remedy this problem. The a/c in the bedroom does not shut off once the temperature setting (on the thermostat) has been reached. It just keeps running and never shuts off.

The fan is set to AUTO. It continues to run as the cooling continues to run and the temperature continues to drop.

Any ideas on what the problems could be?

clubmgr

Staff member
Any chance the FAN MODE is set to HIGH instead of AUTO?

Sorry I should have mentioned this in the original post. The fan is set to AUTO and the unit continues to run and the temperature continues to drop.

danemayer

On a Single Zone LCD thermostat, if you cycle the thermostat OFF, and press the + or - button, it should display the ambient temp reading of the thermostat. If the ambient temp on the display is higher than the set point, it'll keep running. If so, you might look for heat sources confusing the thermostat. There's probably a similar method for other thermostat models.

If not a problem with ambient temperature being high, and the ambient temp is lower than the set point, try cycling the thermostat to OFF to stop the A/C unit. Then back to cool to see if it restarts.

clubmgr

Staff member
If not a problem with ambient temperature being high, and the ambient temp is lower than the set point, try cycling the thermostat to OFF to stop the A/C unit. Then back to cool to see if it restarts.

I shut it off and then back to cool and it did not restart. I have lowered the temp to see if it will shut off. Here's hoping it was just confused.:rolleyes: