Center A/C replacement

Tree14

Hi everyone
We have a 2016 Cyclone 4200 and our center AC appears to be freezing up. We had dealership check before we headed to Florida. One week here and no AC.

Anyone tried to do this? We live in it so taking it in not an option

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Fox

I'm NOT a repairman but ... my home unit has twice (over the years) had that same freezing symptom.

It was caused by insufficient freon (leaking). They fixed the leak and recharged the system.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
As far as I know, there are no longer putting charging ports on these air conditioner units, they just replace them with a new one.

Tree14

Ugh hopefully we can find a repair person that takes warranty

TrailCreek

I was a RV tech back in the 80's and we had to install out own freon ports. You are correct, they just replace them. I had a rear AC go out twice, under warranty, and the center one took a dive last August. I too was and will be again back to full timing, but have kept our 2017 plugged in and ran ac's during the summer. Since I was buying the new center unit, I opted for a second heat pump. Not that much more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Had our front AC get attacked by a tree. Almost all foam gone and so was the AC. Replace it myself. I rented a crank lift from a equipment rental. Changed it out in 40 minuets. Got it from PPL Motorhomes with the best price by far and free shipping.

Lou_and_Bette

Hi everyone
We have a 2016 Cyclone 4200 and our center AC appears to be freezing up. We had dealership check before we headed to Florida. One week here and no AC.

Anyone tried to do this? We live in it so taking it in not an option

Thanks

Have you checked to make sure the freeze sensor on this A/C unit has become dislodged? I had a unit start freezing up and it was due to the freeze sensor falling out from its placement in the fins when viewed from the inside. Some units require you to remove the external shroud to see the sensor. I would check this before calling a repair tech or buying a replacement unit.