Buying Thousand Trail from Private party !

Jerrywinn

I want to purchase a resale Thousand Trail membership from a private party that is advertising at RV ONLINE . Is any one have experienced with buying a membership from a private person from other state ? How do you protect your money? I have been called TT and RV On Line about this and they said that they have nothing to do with the money transactions-that is the matters between buyer and seller! Can you just simply sign a check and send to him and wish that he will do everything right ?

danemayer

I would not send a check or other direct payment as you have no way to recover from a scam. Consider something like escrow.com. I think a $1000 purchase would have a $32.50 fee. You might ask the seller to pay half.

mlpeloquin

There are people that handle these. I was selling mine, but decided to keep it. Call Melisa at 1-800-952-0401. She can explain the different levels and cost as well as the prices of the resale memberships. A phone call wont hurt ya. I also own a membership from Four Seasons.

Jerrywinn

I would not send a check or other direct payment as you have no way to recover from a scam. Consider something like escrow.com. I think a $1000 purchase would have a $32.50 fee. You might ask the seller to pay half.
Thank you very much for your help ! Escrow.com will solve the problems of payments. Again thank you