Portable Ice Maker: Today’s Deal

Fox

FYI: these get a thumbs down from me. My first one survived about 2 years and when new was quick to make ice. With the passage of time it slowed way down - then totally quit.

A bigger problem is once the ice is made it drops into an unrefrigerated bin - were it starts melting. In order to keep it frozen you must store it in a freezer, where it resolidifies into a large block of ice. Our second one was donated to another camping couple when we traded 5ths which had an ice-maker.

The message is use it (ice) or loose it.

Oregon_Camper

Love ours. Can't even imagine not having one now. While boondocking...turn on inverter and we have ice in 5 mins....full bin in about 30 mins. Amazing.

mlpeloquin

Used ours and loved it. Learned to pour some bleach into it the night before traveling again. Ran three batches of ice with the bleach and then emptied. Kept it open to dry out. Keeps things from growing in it. Ours has run for six years. Ice does freeze together, but a good smack loosens it all up. Don't want to leave home without it.

Chrisandsama

We have had ours for 5 years and wouldn't go without it, I like the bleach idea for cleaning. I will have to try that.