fifth wheel wiring advice

Tdelegram

All,

I have to replace the fifth wheel pig tail that plugs into my truck and I wanted to see if someone is a wiring expert on here. Currently this is what I have with the old plug and wiring:

1. Heavy white wire connected to a bundle of white wires all 10 gauge. Guessing ground.
  2. Heavy Blue wire Trailer side with a blue and black connected to it. I think this is the electric brakes and the black is the emergency disconnect brake if the trailer were to disconnect.
  3. Brown wire trailer side with a red wire coming in. I think this is the left turn signal and brake light
  4. White and green trailer side with a green coming in. Perhaps the tail lights.
  5. Heavy red and white wire trailer side with a heavy black (10 gauge) and a heavy orange coming in. I am guessing the heavy black is aux power and the orange is the other side of the emergency disconnect brake so that if the plunger were pulled this would send current to the electric brakes to stop the trailer
  6. Black trailer side with brown coming in. I think this is right turn signal and brake light
  7. Yellow capped, I think reverse lights.

What I have coming into the trailer with new set up:
A. Heavy, White, Ground
B. Heavy Blue, Trailer Brakes
C. Heavy Black, Aux Power
D. Green, Tail lights
E. Red, Left turn signal and brake lights
F. Brown, Right turn signal and brake lights
G. Yellow, Reverse Lights
H. Brown, Emergency brake
I. Black Emergency Brake
I think this is what I need to do:

• 1 and A
  • 2, B, and H
  • 3 and E
  • 4 and D
  • 5, C, and I
  • 6 and F
  • G capped

aatauses

You can search the internet (7 wire connections) and it will give you a diagram on how to proceed---I had to do this and used the internet.
al

Anyone have a wiring diagram for the trailer wires? Mine got pulled out and the wires dont match with the plug. I have a bl/red, black, red, blue, green/white, orange/black, 3 white. White is ground, blue is breaks...... I dont think yellow from plug is used at all. So from trailer that I dont know... bl/red, wh/gr, black. From pig tail yellow ( I think unused) brown, green and red. 30ft sundance

Flick

Anyone have a wiring diagram for the trailer wires? Mine got pulled out and the wires dont match with the plug. I have a bl/red, black, red, blue, green/white, orange/black, 3 white. White is ground, blue is breaks...... I dont think yellow from plug is used at all. So from trailer that I dont know... bl/red, wh/gr, black. From pig tail yellow ( I think unused) brown, green and red. 30ft sundance

Use what BigJim45 recommended. Ain’t the internet great. Only problem would be if someone monkeyed around with your truck or trailer and didn’t do it right. Then you’d have to use a 12v source with a probe and reconfigure your plugs to spec.

kschultz

All this information is great but it is assuming the trailer is wired correctly. On my 2012 big country it was not the case. I am original owner so it came from factory with green and brown reversed and 5 of the wires has colored shrink tube essentially changing the wire colors, I assume to match the way the trailer is wired. Know that I have everything rang out I am going to have to apply 12v to wires because I am still second guessing myself. This trailer has been such a headache with leaks, delamination, blown hydraulic fittings and the water tank improperly installed causing it to leak. Also changed out most all of the white hose they used for some of plumbing to ptex line because of the constant leaking. Never will buy another!
Also called heartland several times to get replacement parts only to find out if your lucky enough to have the part number from labels that are applied to everything they can help otherwise they do not know what items get installed in the trailers so your out of luck. Found out they buy components in lots so one trailer may have different components then another depending what was the cheapest at the time the trailer was built.