Gas gauge in RW 429

rwdennis

Hi all , the gas gauges dont work in my 2019 RW 429 , any ideas where to start looking for problems , when i got it , they would work once in a while , now , not at all , has them inside and outside , THANKS .Dennis GREAT TRAILER !!!

Matt750

Re: Gas guage in RW 429

Do both of them not work? We have a CY 4007 & I had to replace the gauge on the inside. The gauge on the outside still worked though. I did some trouble shooting and found the gauge to be INOP. Heartland sent me a new one and wanted the old one back. The sending units on ours are potted and do not have the traditional wire on the top with a nut holding the wire terminal. If both of yours are INOP, I suggest looking for a loose wire. When you pull the panel on the inside where the fuel gauge is located (to expose the rats nest of wiring), you can see the wires that run to the fuel gauge and the switch. There are a few wires that are crimped together. Maybe try to wiggle or move them around while holding the switch. If you are proficient with a multimeter, you can do some additional testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwdennis

took the panel off , checked the wires on the back of the gas gauge switch , started working , wiggled the wire around to get it to stop working , stayed working , i can see this happening again ...

Matt750

Mine was intermittent until it finally bit the dust. When your gauges were not working, did you verify that both were not working? Even the gauge at the fuel station? Also, do you have a multimeter for testing when it stops working again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk