Beeping HiPoint MicroWave

mmartin

I put a battery charger on my trailer (trickle), just to keep it charged , I moved the charger a few weeks ago to a lawn tractor, in the meantime it appears the trailer batter discharged, carbon monoxide and all else started beeping (I was plugged into 50 amp service)

We found it was a discharged battery creating all the problems, put the charger back on reset the breakers, all stopped, except the microwave.

Number flash, unable to reset time, goes back to beeping.

This is new trailer, probably only used microwave 3-4 times.

Anyway ideas how to reset it, besides shutting off the breaker to stop the beeper? I hope the Microwave hasn't taken a nose dive this soon.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Check your paperwork, if your trailer is newer the microwave may still be covered by warranty.
Or the microwave manual may have info on getting rid of the beep. Beeping is usually some sort of error code.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Try pressing and holding the Stop/Off/Cancel button for 5 seconds to reset the microwave.

Have you had any storms that might have caused an electric spike? If you're not using an Electrical Management System (EMS) from Progressive or Southwire, you should get one.

As for the battery, if you've been on 50 amp shore power continuously, the battery should have been charged. The 12V DC mini-circuit breaker between the Power Converter/Fuse Box and battery might be tripped. It has a teeeeeeeeny tiny reset button. The breaker is on a row of small breakers near the battery, and they are covered by a red rubber boot. Look at the breakers with thick wires.

Attachments

• circuit-breaker-reset-instruction.jpg
    circuit-breaker-reset-instruction.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 5

Flick

I put a battery charger on my trailer (trickle), just to keep it charged , I moved the charger a few weeks ago to a lawn tractor, in the meantime it appears the trailer batter discharged, carbon monoxide and all else started beeping (I was plugged into 50 amp service)

We found it was a discharged battery creating all the problems, put the charger back on reset the breakers, all stopped, except the microwave.

Anyway ideas how to reset it, besides shutting off the breaker to stop the beeper? I hope the Microwave hasn't taken a nose dive this soon.

Normally, if you unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in it will reset if the unit doesn’t have another problem. Also,if you have it unplugged, plug it back in for a while and then unplug for the potential reset.

mmartin

UPDATE - found issue.

I have a 50amp plug in while stored. I also had trickle charger on (and off) as explained.

After plugging trickle charger back in I was able to stop beeping, but, the GFI circuits were not working.

My 50amp extension cable has lights on each leg, one looked dimmer than the other.

Investigation revealed, the plug at the receptacle had been disturbed, dim light there also, reseated plug, no dim lights.

All is working now.