New Tow Vehicle

Bruce0850

We just traded in our 2005 Chevrolet Duramax, and got a 2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Power Stroke.
You Ford owners, what do use the upfitter switches for? And, how do you wire them up? Never had a Ford before, so it is new to me.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Bruce I have done a 2017 F350 and a 2020 F450.
I'm sure it would be good to post everything on here but if you have any questions you can call PM me and call me..

I use the up fitters for several things.

) Wilson phone booster/2 way radio.
) Air compressor
) Furion camera monitor
) RV bavkup lights with a truck back up light kill relay..
This kills the truck backup lights so you don't get the glare off the front of the trailer when backing up at night..
) Tanno cover master switch.

#1 - #4 are key on only.
#1 - #6 can be key only or
#5 & #6 can be made to be hot all the time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
3f151c1e73d03ea7ee89e0345f4d4c60.jpg

Flick

Here is all the information you will need: Ford Upfitter Bulletin

RoadJunkie. You are correct. That is a really good reference. The 2019 owners manual has incorrect info. It says the wires are in the panel on the passenger side near the floor. There are wires there but they are undersized and won’t be adequate plus are mislabeled. I use the switches to power my solenoid for my fuel transfer and for the auxiliary tank gauge. Another switch is used for the white wire relay for my airbags. Airbag compressor is wired directly to the battery. Be sure to add an inline fuse of the correct size for each accessory after hooking to the upfitter jumper.

carl.swoyer

We just traded in our 2005 Chevrolet Duramax, and got a 2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Power Stroke.
You Ford owners, what do use the upfitter switches for? And, how do you wire them up? Never had a Ford before, so it is new to me.
Helps them get near the speed limit . Sorry but I couldn't resist.
Thanks for letting me chime in.
c2277e9eb6cafa00d65c5c15002ddebf.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

I'm sure it would be good to post everything on here but if you have any questions you can call PM me and call me..

) Air compressor
) Furion camera monitor
This kills the truck backup lights so you don't get the glare off the front of the trailer when backing up at night..

#1 - #4 are key on only.

Nice trucks!!! I have the same '17 (only XLT) in same color.

carl.swoyer

) Air compressor
) Furion camera monitor

#1 - #4 are key on only.

Those are some Sharp looking trucks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

DirtyMax88

) Air compressor
) Furion camera monitor

#1 - #4 are key on only.

Your truck is absolutely beautiful! Those 450's just look so BadA$$ with those wide fender flares! Congrats! How close is the pearl white Ford color to the pearl white of your Landmark? Do they match ok? We have a '16 Landmark and my '19 GMC (white frost tri-coat) is a shade lighter then the pearl white Landmark paint.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Your truck is absolutely beautiful! Those 450's just look so BadA$$ with those wide fender flares! Congrats! How close is the pearl white Ford color to the pearl white of your Landmark? Do they match ok? We have a '16 Landmark and my '19 GMC (white frost tri-coat) is a shade lighter then the pearl white Landmark paint.
It is real close but not a perfect match by any means. My old truck (2017) was Platinum white and the new 2020 is called Tri coat white i think. I think the new paint has more sparkles in it.

ad8d53e21f7bd82552b6987d76c0867f.jpg
d828b0dc0e55009e1ce035278292632b.jpg

TrailCreek

Yea, no heated tailgate on a Ford. Standard on Dodge, highly recommended for a Chevy.

porthole

Retired
Yea, no heated tailgate on a Ford. Standard on Dodge, highly recommended for a Chevy.

Is that for when you are broken down you have some place warm to sit waiting for service? :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

) Air compressor
) Furion camera monitor

#1 - #4 are key on only.

Did you find the wires in the location posted in this body bulletin ?

https://madocumentupload.marketinga...42520167a068d80bde94bc2d3cd5d791fb63&v5=False

I read somewhere on FTE that the location changed on the 20's

Did you document anything on the backup light relay?

TrailCreek

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Is that for when you are broken down you have some place warm to sit waiting for service? :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Did you find the wires in the location posted in this body bulletin ?

https://madocumentupload.marketinga...42520167a068d80bde94bc2d3cd5d791fb63&v5=False

I read somewhere on FTE that the location changed on the 20's

Did you document anything on the backup light relay?
Yes they did move the Up Fitter fues box and wires to the other side. It was easier to get to but still not much wire to work with.
As for the wires under the rear of the truck, I ran over to my buddys and looked at the 2017 to figure out what wire I needed to cut and tap into. They are the same on the 2020.
I also figured out that l needed a resistor and where to put it.
Not very good at documenting what I did to share with others.
If I can find the time l will.

TrailCreek

Maybe consider using them to switch relays. That would allow larger loads.