Torque 373 LCI OneControl

dtaylor56

Our Torque came with the ground control 3.0 with the keypad on the front of the trailer. It also has a touchscreen in the basement with the Onecontrol pad. The only option on the OneControl is for auto leveling. I would like to add remote control of our slides and contacted LCI asking what components I would need to add to make this possible. The response was that the system cannot be upgraded or added to except by the manufacturer. I had previously contacted Heartland and was told that I need to contact LCI. I really hate when the supplier and manufacturer send you to the other party with no results.

Does anyone know why this is such a issue with Heartland and LCI?

Does anyone know of any other options I may have?

danemayer

Hi dtaylor56,

You probably have the One Control Wireless System. There may be a master controller located behind the rear wall of your pass through basement storage. I believe this system uses a CAN Bus protocol to send control signals from touch screen to master controller, so the likelihood of adding devices is probably pretty remote. While you might be able to connect additional devices to the master controller, I doubt there would be any way for you to change the touch screen programming to send the appropriate signal.

The configuration for each model is probably something Heartland Product Management agrees to with the Lippert sales rep. Lippert would then make up kits for each model, pre-programmed for whatever was agreed upon. Heartland manufacturing installs the kits. There's no provision made for user upgrades. I've been trying to find documentation on how Lippert implemented the CAN Bus protocol, but they don't seem to have made anything available.

Chrisandsama

they are all pretty tight lipped about upgrading this system, my Bighorn came with the one control only with the touch pad out front and the touch screen in the control cabinet. I have managed to add the remote and purchased the 5 position controller (ebay) and programmed it with the help of RV-Project.com who has a very informative write up on it so now i can control the auto level, awning function and awning light and also my slides from the remote i purchased. as i said there is some programming needed to get the components to talk and all components are expensive. The only issue i have ran into is the added functions do not show up on the touch screen, just on the remote, even with the can bus wire installed but i will work those bugs out eventually.

dtaylor56

Thank you Danemayer and Chrisandsama,

It has been a frustrating week trying to deal with these people. However, I am pretty tech savvy as it sounds like you are and will figure it all out with the help of the RV community forums. I have also looked at Smartrvcontrols they seem to have a workaround for me as I only really want the ability to operate the slides from outside the trailer. The Torque 373 has the bedroom slide within a slide and that puppy goes out pretty far!

Regarding LCI, I will check to see if I have a hidden controller somewhere as you indicated. I would think that I would need LCI's 5 position controller and possibly the Wifi module if I don't have it already. I switched on my OneControl keypad and it does not indicate wifi nor was there a Myrv.... signal when checked with my phone. Luckily the slide controllers are right next to the OneControl pad in the basement if I go the LCI route.

I am inclined to go with the easiest and cheapest route given the fact that I won't be constantly opening and closing slides. Now let's hope the wireless RV module or switch replacement module works as advertised.

Chrisandsama

I ended up buying the 5 position controller on ebay for $46. they are quite a bit higher than that but once in a while one will pop up cheap. the remote on the other hand i couldn't find cheaper than a couple hundred. I have parts lists for the controllers and other parts if you need it.

dtaylor56

I ended up buying the 5 position controller on ebay for $46. they are quite a bit higher than that but once in a while one will pop up cheap. the remote on the other hand i couldn't find cheaper than a couple hundred. I have parts lists for the controllers and other parts if you need it.

Your component list would be great, thank you.