Total NEWBIE RV'er here in Texas

turbohawk

I began looking at RV's seriously since July 2019, kicked a lot of tires and floor panels, new and used, left many dealerships when they turned on the "shady business tactics" a bit too strong. Boy, my browsing experience could be the makings of the next B horror flick!

After MUCH searching, prodding, tapping and driving, bit the bullet on this new 2019 Heartland Fuel 250 toyhauler. Brought her to the ranch on monday and have been going over it from tip to stern with a fine toothed comb and magnifying glass. Amazing how many little things were shoddily installed that I missed even after my "5 hour crawling all over this box" before I signed the papers at the dealer. Last thing that seems to have a gremlin are the trailer brakes! It's got to be a bad wire connection as it worked on the way down...

BTW, I can't say enough GOOD things about Barry Kirkpatrick at Gander RV in Tyler TX. He was an earnest, honest, straight-shooter and made ALL the other outfits (especially the others under the same "Camping World" ownership) look quite unscrupulous by comparison. My wife even remarked "I now know where all the fired used car salesmen end up..." So true in our experience. It was amazing how many NEW salespeople were in this business, many with just a few weeks and showed their ignorance with each and every question. The salesman-turnover rate must be atrocious, making McDonalds look like a very steady employer!

Looking forward to going northwest this summer, Montana is where a good friend lives and has a pad ready.

So many places to go...so little time!

When I figure out how to load a photo I'll post it.

Flick

I think most of us have experienced the same when looking to buy. Can be an unbelievable experience but fun. Welcome to the forum from a fellow Texan.