New pin box

Dmetcalf

The dealer where I bought the trailer will be installing this.

I am installing my Morryde with a buddy of mine this Saturday and it weigh's in at 190 lbs. I removed the stock one myself and it had some weight to it but not as much as the new Morryde I need to install.

Be safe …..

Dmetcalf

That’s good. I installed mine myself. It was definitely a beast to move around into place.

We got it done but it sure wasn’t easy..! The model I needed was the one for up to 21,000 lbs. so it weighed in at around 190 lbs.. It took a while and we were careful not to hurt ourselves but after some time it’s installed& torqued down.
Now we can’t wait to see how well it works..!!

Dmetcalf

That’s good. I installed mine myself. It was definitely a beast to move around into place.

Question - Is there a market for the stock king pin..? I have no idea what to do with it now that I have changed over to the new one ..? Any suggestions...?

LBR

Question - Is there a market for the stock king pin..? I have no idea what to do with it now that I have changed over to the new one ..? Any suggestions...?
Unless you have an HOA/CCRs against it, set it out by the street with a **FREE** sign on it....it will disappear without having to even take it to a recycler.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

I put the stock pin up in the rafters in the garage. When I go to trade this trailer in. The FlexAir is coming off and going on the next one.

JeffC

I am thinking of upgrading to the flex air myself and was wondering how to tell which model to get? I have a 2014 gateway rs3200 so do I need to contact heartland to see which one will fit? Thanks for any info on this matter!

Thanks DMetcalf for the quick response! I found it here and am sure there is a lot of places for me to find the way to measure the king pin to find out the answer to my question. https://www.etrailer.com/question-120507.html

Last edited:

Dmetcalf

I recently purchased a 2014 Landmark Savannah. It has the Lippert 1621 pin box. I would like to upgrade to a better box. I have been looking at the Flex Air. Does anyone have any recommendations or thoughts on this?

I would think that Flex Air would indicate which one you need on their website.

NYSUPstater

I added the 5th Aiorborne to this coach and last one we had. Love it. Dealer installed this one, CW did last one. Heard tho the Reese is no longer making the 5th AB......dunno. Have no idea what became of stock pin boxes and don't care either. Like JWalker, add air at start of season and check it at each outing and add air when needed. With the 5th AB, the airbag has 4 or 5 mounting holes for personal preferance. This one doesn't have the "air to" fill line on shock, so it's more of trial and error along w/ location of bag. Once all is set tho, works great!

Gary521

I added the 5th Aiorborne to this coach and last one we had. Love it. Dealer installed this one, CW did last one. Heard tho the Reese is no longer making the 5th AB......dunno. Have no idea what became of stock pin boxes and don't care either. Like JWalker, add air at start of season and check it at each outing and add air when needed. With the 5th AB, the airbag has 4 or 5 mounting holes for personal preferance. This one doesn't have the "air to" fill line on shock, so it's more of trial and error along w/ location of bag. Once all is set tho, works great!
I have a 5th Airborne and cannot confirm if they are still making them or not but they are still showing on their website.

zolman

<p>
FYI</p>
<p>
I added a 5th Airborne 21K to my Cyclone 3600. It was an easy one person install with the help of my Kubota front bucket. BUT what I didn't know until I started to hook up to my Demco Sliding Hitch is that I also needed a Demco Hijacker Autoslide Locking Plate.</p>
<p>
I'm assuming a locking plate may be necessary for other replacement pin boxes.</p>

mlpeloquin

For the FlexAir hitch, I had added a AirLift shock controller kit. Put it in the front bay and routed the air line to the TrailAir. With a glance it told me the air pressure. Press of the switch it added the required air and another air release if too much was added. Made it easy to maintain proper pressure.

Comis1

I am user name: Landmark123. For some reason I couldn’t change my password or log on. I ended up installing the Flex Air box. It made a world of difference. It rides much smoother even than I thought. Best money spent so far.