Replacement Furniture

Dan54

We want to replace the foldabed couch in our 2011 Landmark. The original is looking pretty rough & never was that comfortable. We looked at General RV & were very unimpressed with what they had on display. Does anyone have any recommendations? I’m wondering if non-RV household furniture would work if there is anything that could be partially disassembled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

MTPockets

We want to replace the foldabed couch in our 2011 Landmark. The original is looking pretty rough & never was that comfortable. We looked at General RV & were very unimpressed with what they had on display. Does anyone have any recommendations? I’m wondering if non-RV household furniture would work if there is anything that could be partially disassembled.

Take your maximum dimensions to a furniture store. There are pieces that will work. We did that a few years ago with Lazyboy Store.

Flick

If you go to a Lazy-boy store, be sure to get them to show you which of their recliners allows you to remove the back. Once the back is removed, you can get them thru any size door. I do believe that most of their recliners and a lot of couches have the removable back.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've always loved Lambright Amish furniture, but it's a long way up to Topeka Indiana to get it. It is undoubtedly the smoothest and most comfortable furniture out there and is made for an RV.

dewwood

I agree with the Lambright furniture as being some of the best we have had. We replaced our couch and chair last year and they are the nicest and most comfortable we have. We looked at several others and nothing compared to theirs. They do have a six week or so wait unless you choose something from their floor. Their # is 260-768-4820, they will install it for you if you can take your unit to their shop or I am sure they can ship. I have seen their furniture listed on several resellers websites. They are a little higher priced but their quality is worth the extra.

Last edited:

Niles

I third Lambright's, we replaced the couch and chairs in the Bighorn. We've had this furniture a long time and it is holding up very well, and comfortable too. We even replaced our couch at home with their products. Vern and his boys are great to work with. They are a little bit higher in price, however I always have believed you get what you pay for, and the price you paid for your unit furniture is a small investment in comfort.

sengli

We replaced ours with BEST brand furniture. This isnt RV type furniture. They make a line of furnishings that are somewhat smaller, that fit in our big horn great. Here is our theater seating and couch from BEST that we installed in our rig several years ago. The backs all come off, so installing them wasnt too difficult.

Attachments

• IMAG0344.jpg
    IMAG0344.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMAG0345.jpg
    IMAG0345.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52

donr827

If you go to Lazy-boy do not buy the bonded leather. Not sure that they still use the material but our furniture started to crack after 3 years.

NYSUPstater

We replaced ours with BEST brand furniture. This isnt RV type furniture. They make a line of furnishings that are somewhat smaller, that fit in our big horn great. Here is our theater seating and couch from BEST that we installed in our rig several years ago. The backs all come off, so installing them wasnt too difficult.

DANG, I want to take a nap on that couch!!!! Sadly tho, with our cat, it would have to de-haired several times a day.

BarbandFrank

We are Lambright fans as well. We replaced the original sofa and chairs in our Landmark with Lambright furniture last summer. Best decision ever! The furniture is well made and very comfortable - and we are confident it will last for years to come. We looked at Lazy Boy furniture as well, and the cost difference between Lambright and Lazy Boy was not significant, so we went with furniture that would properly fit into the small space of an RV.