Camping, Rallies and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ILH

Ontario Provincial Parks closed last night till April 30th. Many private parks have opened 2 months early to handle all the snowbirds that are heading home before the border closes Friday night. Our RV storage lot at our Condo is filling up fast. Many have come home early, most 2 to 4 weeks. Everything is cancelled and closed, all public events and shows. Scary times.

Our first trip in 2 weeks might be to local private park if we are able to find a spot.

Non-essential businesses closed in Ontario as of midnight tonight - which effectively closes all campgrounds for at least 2 weeks... probably longer.

rhodies1

All Provincial campgrounds are closed in Nova Scotia for any type of activity. You cannot even enter to walk or exercise.
The normal opening for camping is May long weekend. But it is very possible they may not even open this year,.It will depend on where Covid 19 goes,,if they do open at all.....It is possible it could be around the July long weekend timeframe..

Ducky

All Arizona State Parks are open for camping at this time, Restooms and Showers remain open. Some historic parks and gift shops have been closed. All park sponsored events and family campouts have been cancelled until May 8.

wdk450

Thousand Trails has NOT closed in California (or across the US, I believe). All group areas except showers and laundry rooms have been closed. Lots more empty spaces than usual here at Wilderness Lakes, in Menifee, Ca.

Due to my daughter's recent heart transplant (on 3/15) I am trying to rearrange my reservations to stay in the San Diego area continually, to assist her mom while she is quarantined (because of the anti-rejection drugs lowering her immunity) for 6 months, or so. I have one 3 week period, 4/27 to 5/18, that I have reservations here in Menifee (about 80 miles from San Diego), and cannot get into the other Thousand Trails parks in the San Diego area; or any other private or public parks. It seems they are ALL pretty much closed and not accepting reservations at this time.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
df9ac64baf9b20717cea61551fff6892.jpg

Another COVID-19 safety tip for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Dr Saphire on F&Fs just said “you don't get this virus outside so get outside enjoy the outdoors. Be aware of distancing with strangers”
Always figured campfire smoke and alcohol where good deterrents!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
All Provincial Parks in Ontario closed till May 30 th now. Been working at getting ready to head somewhere for Vacation in May. Serviced the generator, changed oil. Today did maintenance on my Reese Elite hitch. Next week pull the Landmark down to the house and wash