Camping, Rallies and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

BarbandFrank

Barb and Frank - if need be, drive through the truck fuel lanes at Pilot, Flying J, Loves etc and add DEF at the pump for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jim - we hadn’t really thought of that because we never go to truck stops for diesel because we have an auxiliary fuel tank in our truck. Appreciate the reminder!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A thing about truck stops. A friend of mine is a long haul trucker and is finding a lot of truck stops have closed their facilities, like showers, restrooms and restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

A thing about truck stops. A friend of mine is a long haul trucker and is finding a lot of truck stops have closed their facilities, like showers, restrooms and restaurants.

That's not good for truck drivers that need to stay clean and eat. They need to keep working to keep products and materials moving across this country.

danemayer

California Governor just issued a stay-home order. The state is closed except for critical services.

On edit...The President had a conference call with Governors today. The shutdown of PA and CA followed that meeting by just a few hours. It wouldn't be surprising if there are a bunch of additional announcements tomorrow.

CDN

B and B
Ontario Provincial Parks closed last night till April 30th. Many private parks have opened 2 months early to handle all the snowbirds that are heading home before the border closes Friday night. Our RV storage lot at our Condo is filling up fast. Many have come home early, most 2 to 4 weeks. Everything is cancelled and closed, all public events and shows. Scary times.

Our first trip in 2 weeks might be to local private park if we are able to find a spot.

JohnDar

Might not be much different anywhere else if the self-quarantine doesn’t curb the spread of the virus.

Fortunately, our rig is stored at the private CG we use it at, 200 miles away. So when it opens, I only need to pull a short distance to our site.

pegmikef

That's not good for truck drivers that need to stay clean and eat. They need to keep working to keep products and materials moving across this country.

Yeah, tell me about it. My son hauled crude oil for Sunoco locally, but last year he moved back to his house in Virginia and is now a long haul OTR driver.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The +55 RV resort in Yuma, AZ where we live (in a park model) has all but closed.

Almost all of the snowbirds have flocked north and only a small few of us remain.

All activities were cancelled last Friday and this past Monday the ammennities (pools, hot tubs, clubhouses) closed and the laundry and shower/bathrooms limited to 5 hours per day.

And just yesterday the office was closed, although they have limited hours to be contacted by phone.

Interesting times ahead.

JohnDar

Fortunately, the local liquor store is still open so I laid in a supply of booze for medicinal purposes. Any cooties get in me, they’ll die singing bawdy songs and telling tall tales

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Fortunately, the local liquor store is still open so I laid in a supply of booze for medicinal purposes. Any cooties get in me, they’ll die singing bawdy songs and telling tall tales

We stocked up on medicinals earlier this week before our yahoo governor closed ours down, along with 90% of the other businesses that sustain our economy

david-steph2018

The +55 RV resort in Yuma, AZ where we live (in a park model) has all but closed.

Almost all of the snowbirds have flocked north and only a small few of us remain.

All activities were cancelled last Friday and this past Monday the ammennities (pools, hot tubs, clubhouses) closed and the laundry and shower/bathrooms limited to 5 hours per day.

And just yesterday the office was closed, although they have limited hours to be contacted by phone.

Interesting times ahead.

The place we are at in Casa Grande is about in the same status. All activities, except pickleball closed. Showers closed but the laundry is opened for 9 hours a day. Most of the park is now gone, about 40% park models owners left, even less RV owners here. But people do say it is that time of year when people start meandering home from here, nothing new.

Fox

Are these above posted Heartland events still on? Or have they been cancelled/ rescheduled?

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Are these above posted Heartland events still on? Or have they been cancelled/ rescheduled?

Rallies status is being evaluated on a daily basis by Club HQ and our Region and Chapter Leadership.

In the second quarter, we have 5 Region rallies scheduled and 9 Chapter rallies scheduled.

Of those, 1 Chapter rally has occurred and 1 Region rally has been cancelled. We just don't know how this will shake out but it's likely that more will be cancelled and some will be able to go on as planned. Just depends on developments on the ground.

Each leader will make a notice in their own thread if their event is cancelling. They will mostly likely send emails to each registered attendee as well, in an attempt to get their word out. Some have Facebook groups for their Region or Chapter and will use that channel as well.

danemayer

Indiana has apparently declared a mandatory stay-at-home order, effective midnight tonight, Tuesday 3/24 which I expect will cause Heartland (and every other manufacturer in Indiana) to shut down.

If you have any need to talk to Heartland, better try to get through today. And I would guess that earlier is better than later.

JohnDar

Michigan’s went into effect at midnight. Been staying home, anyways, unless we needed something.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
PA doesn’t have a mandatory stay home but they closed down so many “non-essential” businesses what’s the point of going anywhere
As anytimers we’re glad to be home in our big house and not in our little house on a small patch of turf right now
Kudos to those of you that enjoy your FT life style