Lippert One control leveling issue

SDFiver

After a run across Mississippi and Louisiana today on I10 we stopped for the night in Beaumont Texas. We unhooked on a very level concrete pad. When I attempted to use the auto level I got a message saying excessive lean angle with the nose down at -9.9. The system would not level the rig. Our Bighorn 3760EL was virtually level so there's no way it was that low in the nose. I managed to level the rig using a bubble level and putting the control in manual mode.
Any thoughts about what may be the issue?

danemayer

I think you have 2 leveling sensors and one of them has probably come loose. The front one is usually in the front compartment, mounted at the top of the compartment. The rear one is harder to get to. It's above the coroplast, usually in front of the fresh tank. To inspect, you'll need to remove some of the coroplast mounting screws so you can peer inside. It's probably centered left-to-right. Btw, the screws usually come out better with an impact driver rather than a regular socket wrench.

Here's the front sensor, looking up.

Lippert Levelup Control.JPG

Here's the rear sensor, looking down.
DSC04476.JPG

SDFiver

Hi Dan, thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid that might be what caused this event. I checked the one in the front compartment right away and its nice and tight. Not looking forward to dropping the belly to check the other one.
We won't be home for another 3 weeks so I guess I'm stuck doing manual leveling till then. Home is western South Dakota so it might be awhile before I can respond if that was the issue or not.
On another note, would you happen to know the phone number of
who ever handles customer service calls for the Bighorn line?

danemayer

Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

For tech support on this issue, other than placement of the sensor, you might do better to start with Lippert at 866-524-7821.

If you look in from the side and find the rear sensor has shifted, the simplest way to get to it is to cut a rectangular opening under it. Cut on 3 sides and leave the front of the rectangle intact. You can seal it with Gorilla Tape or flashing tape.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
A loose rear sensor has been addressed on this forum by others. I couldn’t find the exact post but if the right someone sees this they can likely give you a fairly accurate location of that rear sensor so you don’t need to drop the whole belly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDFiver

Many thanks to all who responded, but.... After a run from Beaumont TX to Rockport TX today on much smoother roads the system worked perfectly upon arrival and setup.
I've no idea how these sensors are built but it seems like it got so beat up during yesterday's trip that it wouldn't function. After sitting all night hookup worked perfectly. Maybe a good gremlin fixed it during the night?
I'll advise if it fails again and what the fix was.
Over and out for now.