12 Volt fuse blows, Now ceiling fan doesn't work - SOLVED

farside291

Pulled the DC fuse panel, found the wires on the ground side of the number 9 fuse loose. the wires were loose on the long metal block where all the white wires connect. This is the fuse that has been blowing and causing the ceiling fan to not work. I am not sure of the relationship between the two but the fan now works and the fuse does not blow. Sure would be nice to have a trailer specific wire diagram. These trailers, I don't think anyone really has a clue how they are wired, especially not Heartland. All I got from them is "Well, they are all different"????? Great answer! Anyway, its fixed, I just don't know how, other than those two wires were loose on a DC fuse that is labeled exterior/aisle.

danemayer

Feel free to peruse our owner-written Electrical User Guide, here, to see if it illuminates any of the mystery for you.

farside291

Done that, no relationship that I can see. Probably a mystery that will remain unsolved. Ceiling fan works, I am happy, now I have other things to focus on.

Dahillbilly

Done that, no relationship that I can see. Probably a mystery that will remain unsolved. Ceiling fan works, I am happy, now I have other things to focus on.

Loose connections will cause more amp draw, this in turn equals more heat & the combination will blow the fuse.

mlpeloquin

There may have been a schematic from the original engineer who designed the electrical system, but then generated a wiring list and parts list from it. No schematic for the assembly workers. My former life was as a design engineer. All assembly workers used wiring list and never saw or were allowed a schematic. The wiring and parts list was generated from a schematic. So at best, my guess, is that they work from a wiring and parts list and then from memory? Not Heartland specific, but an industry wide standard.